JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question, Have you called that phone number or have all your correspondences been via email?

I only had short exchange by e-mail.

1. He asked for serial
2. I e-mailed back saying will communicate it at the end of the day (confirmed recipient on .gov server)
3. He said OK, he will wait for it.
4. E-mailed him the serial

Haven't heard back anymore :)

Here is a thread on a similar topic from 2010, with some info about NCIS (not the movie type) doing the investigation (note the patterns) :

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-500001.html

if they knew these sites were possibly the ones stolen from the Military, wouldn't they have gone to the source before the item made it to you? i am sure they knew of these while they were on E-bay.

I have replied to the person with their @ice.dhs.gov e-mail, and received a confirmation back. I am using Gmail, and they're pretty good at handling e-mail hacks for spoofing e-mail addresses.

I was not talking about spoof email addresses, I am talking about a real bounce off a real site. Oh well. Back to my other suggestion, and I am very strong here. IF, you get an email that asks you to send it anywhere...tell them "no, I will surrender the itme to my local Sheriff only, you can obtain it from him/her" Then get name rank and SN of the person requesting the return.

I'm sorry, does not pass the smell test to me. Generally I am very trusting, but when it comes to emails, I am very suspicious of everything.

I was not talking about spoof email addresses, I am talking about a real bounce off a real site. Oh well. Back to my other suggestion, and I am very strong here. IF, you get an email that asks you to send it anywhere...tell them "no, I will surrender the itme to my local Sheriff only, you can obtain it from him/her" Then get name rank and SN of the person requesting the return.

I'm sorry, does not pass the smell test to me. Generally I am very trusting, but when it comes to emails, I am very suspicious of everything.

Well, if you re-read my initial question, you can see that I am even worse than you are :) Ideally I wouldn't do anything unless I see a warrant signed by a judge. For some reason people started attacking the disposition instead of discussing a valid question about procedures of property seizure.

In a situation like this if you had to return an item purchased off Ebay and paid for via Paypal I am 95% sure Paypal would accept a fraud complaint and refund you for the purchased item.

I once purchased a 1.2 ounce Mexican gold coin off Ebay for $488 (I bought gold at good prices!) and the seller sent me a plastic replica worth maybe a dime. Seller even had 400+ 100% positive FB which was bizarre.

The lady played dumb and said it was a rare plastic token - geezus; rip offs and scammers never relent. Paypal was all over it and extracted the $488 from her account and re-imbursed me. I had to return the .10cent token to her certified to prove that I returned it.

Paypal is one of the most profitable, greedy, SOB, organizations out there. However, they back you up when you get bent over. If an item was bought from a vendor with a CC, same deal. Report fraud and in 99% of causes they will take care of it.

In a situation like this if you had to return an item purchased off Ebay and paid for via Paypal I am 95% sure Paypal would accept a fraud complaint and refund you for the purchased item.

I once purchased a 1.2 ounce Mexican gold coin off Ebay for $488 (I bought gold at good prices!) and the seller sent me a plastic replica worth maybe a dime. Seller even had 400+ 100% positive FB which was bizarre.

The lady played dumb and said it was a rare plastic token - geezus; rip offs and scammers never relent. Paypal was all over it and extracted the $488 from her account and re-imbursed me. I had to return the .10cent token to her certified to prove that I returned it.

Paypal is one of the most profitable, greedy, SOB, organizations out there. However, they back you up when you get bent over. If an item was bought from a vendor with a CC, same deal. Report fraud and in 99% of causes they will take care of it.

They have time limits for disputes though, 45 days. I have tried opening a claim via PayPal today, and it failed stating transaction is too old. I funded that purchase from my amex, same issue -60 day limit. Purchase was in June...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top