JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you either already sent it back and are refusing to accept that you got ripped off, or you are trolling. There is no logic in the argument that you received a real email.....someone already brought up subpoenas/legal process and I know I have brought up the fact that stolen government hardware being sold over a recoded media to random people doesn't get traced via kind emails requesting you send them your email...which is linked to your paypal acct...which you used to pay for your ebay item....which has a high chance of being a fake.....lol.

All I can say that your statement is very typical for something to be encountered on a public forum, but it doesn't reflect the situation.

Not sure why it's so difficult to grasp - serial number of a scope is not the number of my bank account! Once something legally-serious follows, all the additional verification can take place as well!

I just want to warn you...it is very easy to bounce an email off of someone elses site. I have had it happen to me. (legal name) sender, then my name in the subject line....However, I have known (legal name) for 50 years...and we do not address each other by those names. Sure enough, this email had been bounced off his account and wasn't from him at all. (as proven by the trace on the email I did after I talked to him)

Having had it done to me, that is why I am very skeptical...especially when you said the email started with "dear sir/madam" That does not pass the smell test. Do a trace on that original email and see where it really came from/went to when you replied....

Oh, one other thing...keep all these emails JIC someone puts in a claim that SN #### was stolen from them and try to claim you sight....now that they have the SN. I might also check with Ebay, to see if they have actually been served with a supena for your Email address/all email addresses of all purchasers of this aimpoint sight,,,,CYA

I just want to warn you...it is very easy to bounce an email off of someone elses site. I have had it happen to me. (legal name) sender, then my name in the subject line....However, I have known (legal name) for 50 years...and we do not address each other by those names. Sure enough, this email had been bounced off his account and wasn't from him at all. (as proven by the trace on the email I did after I talked to him)

Having had it done to me, that is why I am very skeptical...especially when you said the email started with "dear sir/madam" That does not pass the smell test. Do a trace on that original email and see where it really came from, went to when you replied....

I have replied to the person with their @ice.dhs.gov e-mail, and received a confirmation back. I am using Gmail, and they're pretty good at handling e-mail hacks for spoofing e-mail addresses.

It is not a scam. I have already e-mailed the serial to the agent, as I am not going to obstruct an investigation. The question now is about the proper procedure of seizure of property by law enforcement. I suspect that if they find out that the item is indeed one of the stolen sights, they might request a volunteer surrender. I don't want to give government a free pass on Due Process, thus my question about warrants.

LOL, way to take the first step towards losing your Aimpoint with no reimbursement. Enjoy having your property seized by the state. They'll get the warrant and you'll be out $400, sucker.

Wow...I just thought of a scam. Sell item on ebay with clone, have someone else ask for serial # and report it stolen, get item back and money is already funneled from clone acct. win win lol

Not really that complicated in my opinion. Me thinks the direct benefit is relieving you of your optic.

So you mean e-mailing me (my e-mail is not Googlable) from a government server, pretending to be an agent of an ICE unit I would not have suspected ever existed (but Google confirms its existence, and confirms location of ICE office) and asking for a serial number of a scope is a fairly direct way to score a five hundred dollar scope ? :) Being a technical person I am usually not too impressed with Hollywood movies...

At any rate, I will post an update tomorrow if I receive yet another e-mail from this elaborate scam artist :)

Your link doesn't explain why ICE would be investigating STOLEN mil hardware. Now blackmarket hardware like clones and illegal imports....stuff sold under the radar even. But stuff actually known to be stolen from the US military and on the open market on the streets just being followed to take it back from everyday joes after they pay? Or are you Al Qaeda?

Your link doesn't explain why ICE would be investigating STOLEN mil hardware. Now blackmarket hardware like clones and illegal imports....stuff sold under the radar even. But stuff actually known to be stolen from the US military and on the open market on the streets just being followed to take it back from everyday joes after they pay? Or are you Al Qaeda?

I don't know, but you have the address of the office which is handling the case, feel free to call them and ask. Here is their main number :

SAC Los Angeles
501 West Ocean Boulevard, Suite 7200
Long Beach, CA 90802-4213
Main (562) 624-3800
Fax (562) 590-9604

Contact ICE - Homeland Security Investigations

I don't know, but you have the address of the office which is handling the case, feel free to call them and ask. Here is their main number :

SAC Los Angeles
501 West Ocean Boulevard, Suite 7200
Long Beach, CA 90802-4213
Main (562) 624-3800
Fax (562) 590-9604

Contact ICE - Homeland Security Investigations

Question, Have you called that phone number or have all your correspondences been via email?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top