JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pat's job as majority leader puts him in a position to prevent something from coming to the floor for a vote.

He had, at one point, a good rating from the NRA, despite being a Democrat. His office represents a choke point in the legislative process. You can email both him and his legislative assistant

If you are in his district you can email him here: https://app.leg.wa.gov/pbc/memberEmail/47/2

If you are NOT in his district, you can still help us by flooding his and his assistant's email with opposition:

[email protected]
[email protected]

While blanketing all reps is a good idea, an email that appeals to Pat directly can also be potent as it won't sound as boiler plate. I don't see an issue with suggesting you're from his district even if you're not.

Be polite. Realize we're all Washingtonians even if we really, really, really disagree. If the trend in his district the last two cycles continues for two more cycles he'll be out of office and I suspect he knows that. The number of people who said they'd register as a republican in Washington state shot up 9 points the last year.

Things to mention:

1. This has not proven an effective deterrent to crime or harm in other states.
2. This will further inflame a divide in this country when Olympia should be focused on uniting on non partisan issues.
3. This will be used disproportionately against the poor and people of color. (Remember this is a democratic caucus).
4. Fundamental assaults of my dignity of self defense makes it more difficult to be a truly independent voter.

We have 48 hours. Make it count.

Pat's job as majority leader puts him in a position to prevent something from coming to the floor for a vote.

He had, at one point, a good rating from the NRA, despite being a Democrat. His office represents a choke point in the legislative process. You can email both him and his legislative assistant

If you are in his district you can email him here: https://app.leg.wa.gov/pbc/memberEmail/47/2

If you are NOT in his district, you can still help us by flooding his and his assistant's email with opposition:

[email protected]
[email protected]

While blanketing all reps is a good idea, an email that appeals to Pat directly can also be potent as it won't sound as boiler plate. I don't see an issue with suggesting you're from his district even if you're not.

Be polite. Realize we're all Washingtonians even if we really, really, really disagree. If the trend in his district the last two cycles continues for two more cycles he'll be out of office and I suspect he knows that. The number of people who said they'd register as a republican in Washington state shot up 9 points the last year.

Things to mention:

1. This has not proven an effective deterrent to crime or harm in other states.
2. This will further inflame a divide in this country when Olympia should be focused on uniting on non partisan issues.
3. This will be used disproportionately against the poor and people of color. (Remember this is a democratic caucus).
4. Fundamental assaults of my dignity of self defense makes it more difficult to be a truly independent voter.

We have 48 hours. Make it count.
If the police themselves don't think gun control and magazine size laws affect crime, why should legislators think they do?

This is a link to a PoliceOne survey of thousands of police officers. Politicians use polls of a few hundred to a thousand to determine the views of the whole nation. Here are 15,000 police officers views on crime and gun control laws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top