JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have emailed them anyway, since this is not their regular buyer protection case. I will pass the info once they reply.
Agreed that it may be a special case.

But... dude... WHY have you not called the actual office in LA and asked about this and about the status of your case? Asked for the specific person who e-mailed you, etc. A simple, quick phone call to the phone number listed on the gov't website would resolve any doubt about whether or not it may be a scam.

Agreed that it may be a special case.

But... dude... WHY have you not called the actual office in LA and asked about this and about the status of your case? Asked for the specific person who e-mailed you, etc. A simple, quick phone call to the phone number listed on the gov't website would resolve any doubt about whether or not it may be a scam.

There is no benefit of doing that at this time. I was not requested to surrender anything or supply any sensitive information.

US Gov or not.. I don't much like letting LEOs or GOV folks alike push me around and take my property.
I (You) shouldn't have to do a darn thing to help them.
I (You) purchased a product. End of story.
There is a TON of GOV theft.. would it really stop at a handful of AIMPOINTS?

US Gov or not.. I don't much like letting LEOs or GOV folks alike push me around and take my property.
I (You) shouldn't have to do a darn thing to help them.
I (You) purchased a product. End of story.
There is a TON of GOV theft.. would it really stop at a handful of AIMPOINTS?

Would you apply the same standard to yourself, and any property that could have been stolen from you and sold on Ebay ? Remember the thread about a gun that was found to be stolen after a member sold it to a LEO?

Just a quick thought.

If you're curious, call Aimpoint and ask them about your serial number. They can tell you if it was originally sold to .mil or civilian. What they couldn't tell you is if the thing was resold at gov auction (very unlikely with the newer compM4's).

Would you apply the same standard to yourself, and any property that could have been stolen from you and sold on Ebay ? Remember the thread about a gun that was found to be stolen after a member sold it to a LEO?

I have had items stolen from me in the past, they do very little to get anything back thus my faith in getting anything back is slim.
And I've tried to get a few items out of their grubby mitts they've found and it took WAY more work for me the little civi than the local LE office.

I just can't see myself aiding in any way.
I used to be all for it.. however getting stepped on and spit in my face as if I'm a lesser citizen from local LEOs and our court systems (Not to mention a few GOV orgs).. its not in my best interest to always kneel, comply & cooperate.

Go you though brother.
I've just been made skeptical and bitter over years of LEO and Government abuse of power.

I will however help my fellow NWFA members (Some ODT folks), friends and family.

well, if it really is .mil property, expect someone to show up to your house, with a receipt and not much else. They will reclaim the .gov property with no compassion for what you might have paid for it...and if they can prove you knew, or should have known it was stolen property, they might even try to charge you ....

They get GI pilfered stuff back all the time...and aren't too worried about feelings...

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Nathan and I am happy to assist you.

If the item you purchased is confirmed stolen. We'll help you open a dispute in the Resolution Center to let the seller know about the problem. If the item is confiscated please request documentation that shows this item was confiscated, by whom, and the reason for the confiscation. The first step is to file a PayPal dispute against the transaction.

You can open a dispute up to 45 days after the transaction date.

Here's how to open a dispute:

Click "Resolution Center."
Click "Dispute a Transaction."
Select "Item Dispute," then click "Continue."
Click "Find Transaction ID."
Click the Transaction ID next to the transaction you want to dispute, and then click "Continue."
Select the reason for your dispute, and then click "Continue."
Enter additional information on the "Provide Additional Information" page, and then click "Continue."
Click "Go to Resolution Center."

After you opened a dispute, you have 20 days to communicate with the seller. Disputes automatically close after 20 days. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim within the 20 days. We won't investigate disputes filed after 45 days, but we will take note of your problem.

To learn more about your rights through PayPal Purchase Protection, click "Legal Agreements" on any PayPal page, then click "PayPal User Agreement."

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Nathan

Protection Services Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

To bad you didn't ask them for a list of the ones that were stolen. Did they happen to ask you to not say anything to the seller about this? Im sure they are well up his backside with a flashlight by now and probably don't want him tipped off.

If someone does show up to seize it make sure you not only get a look at the badge and receipt. But follow him out and make sure the car they are in has a GOV plate. Be sure to record it. If its not a GOV plate,you are being scammed...

Pfffffttttt I can't believe they actually expect people to go through that pain in the *** process if they won't even investigate after 20 days.

You misread the post. You have 45 days to file a dispute, then 20 days for the seller to fix the problem and, during that 20 days, you can upgrade it to a claim.

Hi fd15k,
Just to let you know, If it is Hot then run it on NCIC, how to do that is. Go to or call the Sheriff Office / Police Dept. / State Police with the name of the item, Model #, and Serial #. Have them check it. If it come up Stolen they will tell you and ask you to bring it in to the Sheriff Office. If you do this they will not charge you with "Possession Of Stolen Property". Also tell them and show them the Email you have gotten from the unknown senter. If it not LEO then they may want to charge them. Also show the information about Ebay and the person that you got it from. Just CYA...........
Just something I would do and you will fine out if it is or if it not stolen.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Hi fd15k,
Just to let you know, If it is Hot then run it on NCIC, how to do that is. Go to or call the Sheriff Office / Police Dept. / State Police with the name of the item, Model #, and Serial #. Have them check it. If it come up Stolen they will tell you and ask you to bring it in to the Sheriff Office. If you do this they will not charge you with "Possession Of Stolen Property". Also tell them and show them the Email you have gotten from the unknown senter. If it not LEO then they may want to charge them. Also show the information about Ebay and the person that you got it from. Just CYA...........
Just something I would do and you will fine out if it is or if it not stolen.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Thanks for the advice. I will wait for the follow-up from DHS before taking any action.

What Aimpoint???? Oh THAT one....yeah I sold that item before you guys sent me the email. Bye!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top