JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question, Have you called that phone number or have all your correspondences been via email?

I only had short exchange by e-mail.

1. He asked for serial
2. I e-mailed back saying will communicate it at the end of the day (confirmed recipient on .gov server)
3. He said OK, he will wait for it.
4. E-mailed him the serial

Haven't heard back anymore :)

Here is a thread on a similar topic from 2010, with some info about NCIS (not the movie type) doing the investigation (note the patterns) :

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-500001.html

if they knew these sites were possibly the ones stolen from the Military, wouldn't they have gone to the source before the item made it to you? i am sure they knew of these while they were on E-bay.

I have replied to the person with their @ice.dhs.gov e-mail, and received a confirmation back. I am using Gmail, and they're pretty good at handling e-mail hacks for spoofing e-mail addresses.

I was not talking about spoof email addresses, I am talking about a real bounce off a real site. Oh well. Back to my other suggestion, and I am very strong here. IF, you get an email that asks you to send it anywhere...tell them "no, I will surrender the itme to my local Sheriff only, you can obtain it from him/her" Then get name rank and SN of the person requesting the return.

I'm sorry, does not pass the smell test to me. Generally I am very trusting, but when it comes to emails, I am very suspicious of everything.

I was not talking about spoof email addresses, I am talking about a real bounce off a real site. Oh well. Back to my other suggestion, and I am very strong here. IF, you get an email that asks you to send it anywhere...tell them "no, I will surrender the itme to my local Sheriff only, you can obtain it from him/her" Then get name rank and SN of the person requesting the return.

I'm sorry, does not pass the smell test to me. Generally I am very trusting, but when it comes to emails, I am very suspicious of everything.

Well, if you re-read my initial question, you can see that I am even worse than you are :) Ideally I wouldn't do anything unless I see a warrant signed by a judge. For some reason people started attacking the disposition instead of discussing a valid question about procedures of property seizure.

In a situation like this if you had to return an item purchased off Ebay and paid for via Paypal I am 95% sure Paypal would accept a fraud complaint and refund you for the purchased item.

I once purchased a 1.2 ounce Mexican gold coin off Ebay for $488 (I bought gold at good prices!) and the seller sent me a plastic replica worth maybe a dime. Seller even had 400+ 100% positive FB which was bizarre.

The lady played dumb and said it was a rare plastic token - geezus; rip offs and scammers never relent. Paypal was all over it and extracted the $488 from her account and re-imbursed me. I had to return the .10cent token to her certified to prove that I returned it.

Paypal is one of the most profitable, greedy, SOB, organizations out there. However, they back you up when you get bent over. If an item was bought from a vendor with a CC, same deal. Report fraud and in 99% of causes they will take care of it.

In a situation like this if you had to return an item purchased off Ebay and paid for via Paypal I am 95% sure Paypal would accept a fraud complaint and refund you for the purchased item.

I once purchased a 1.2 ounce Mexican gold coin off Ebay for $488 (I bought gold at good prices!) and the seller sent me a plastic replica worth maybe a dime. Seller even had 400+ 100% positive FB which was bizarre.

The lady played dumb and said it was a rare plastic token - geezus; rip offs and scammers never relent. Paypal was all over it and extracted the $488 from her account and re-imbursed me. I had to return the .10cent token to her certified to prove that I returned it.

Paypal is one of the most profitable, greedy, SOB, organizations out there. However, they back you up when you get bent over. If an item was bought from a vendor with a CC, same deal. Report fraud and in 99% of causes they will take care of it.

They have time limits for disputes though, 45 days. I have tried opening a claim via PayPal today, and it failed stating transaction is too old. I funded that purchase from my amex, same issue -60 day limit. Purchase was in June...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top