JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty sure some of you would feel right at home in one of these:

CEED905A-C6E1-4D0D-8197-7F935ED6BEFD.jpeg

duplicate?

I am watching this movie right now.

First thing that occurred to me was the fabric joint between the two sections. From the photos I can see that don't have the fabric in place, the fabric covers the driveshaft and hydraulics - I think, and I doubt you could move from the front to the back as implied in the movie. It is probably more like the Hagglund 206

Interesting, but would not be good off-road where ground clearance is an issue, plus I am guessing they are expensive.

If I won the lottery...
No kidding. Apparently what Watercar does is to remove frame and heavy suspension parts and parts of the drive train, and build new hull, reinforcement, suspension units that can lift the wheels for boating duties... so they don't seem to be as durable as the original military ones? Although the V hull thing has been used on the uparmored upgraded Humvees in the military...

Yah. For normalcy.

Awful idea for survival though. Giant target, for anyone.

IMO.
Depends on the scenario and timing. If the purpose/use case is that it is very early in a sudden collapse/catastrophe, and you are "bugging out" to somewhere more safe, then this would be noticed as unusual, but quite possibly not a target as the "zombies" and "warlords"/"hordes" are not out in force and organized yet.

In a lot of scenarios, in the USA at least (and possibly the "First World" countries), evacs, especially early on, it is not probable people are targeting other people. Once you have evac'd to some bug out location that is relatively isolated, then throw a camo net over the vehicle (small or large) and your other gear that is visible, and you would be a target only for those that can find you - in which case you would be a target regardless.

E.G., when I had to evac due to wildfire, I could have used something like that a lot more than my small SUV. And others who evac'd with a trailer/camper/etc., went to park at the local HS parking lot - nobody bothered them there. In that scenario, nobody was a "target".

Yah. For normalcy.

Awful idea for survival though. Giant target, for anyone.

IMO.
You are preaching to the choir Camelfilter. Totally aware of the 'target factor.'

Hello Mad Max, not just a movie. The poor, starving and angry will swarm those with resources like fire ants to a grasshopper. 👀

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads