JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In prepper vehicle related news, tiny trailer home sales are raging as people cannot afford rent or to buy.

$115k for a tiny house!? :eek: :s0001: i'd sooner find a 25ft U-haul truck and convert, or hire a guy to bring one one of those 40ft tractor trailers to a bare lot in Wyoming and convert to a house :s0140:

Or..do a Yurt

32ft diameter.

There are many smaller ones in Oregon, most in Oregon State Parks as rentals, a few in RV parks along the more famous teepee/tipi structures. yourte-32-exterieur-julien-samspon-02.jpg

Just FYI. MANY vehicles you see online - Craigslist, etc - that are too good to be true - are indeed.

Scammers post an ad pics and all to collect email addresses only. So if you ever inquire about a vehicle or anything else for that matter and never hear back you know what happened. A week or two later you'll have plenty of spamming emails coming through.

Been using MailWasher Pro for years and without it, after almost 30 years of using email at the same address there is no way I could without it.

MWP.jpg

Interesting how folks consider what vehicle to have in a SHTF situation. Gigantic military vehicles? Really? Desirable/rare/collectible old skool 4x4s? How about keep it simple: 2nd gen toyota tacoma or an F150. Parts are *everywhere*, super reliable, ubiquitous, don't call attnetion to yourself. I have an 2020 F450, 2019 Ranger, and a 2012 Tacoma. If things go sideways I am taking the tacoma, no question.

Interesting how folks consider what vehicle to have in a SHTF situation. Gigantic military vehicles? Really? Desirable/rare/collectible old skool 4x4s? How about keep it simple: 2nd gen toyota tacoma or an F150. Parts are *everywhere*, super reliable, ubiquitous, don't call attnetion to yourself. I have an 2020 F450, 2019 Ranger, and a 2012 Tacoma. If things go sideways I am taking the tacoma, no question.
Lets be realistic :s0140:
Portland, Eugene, Salem, and other big cities will likely have a lot more of this kind of thing going on by the relatively well-off during SHTF alongside the legions of shopping carts with crap piled high bicycle-loaded-with-goods-in-street-in-saigon-CBND9A.jpg vietnamese-motorbiker-drives-load-2CDMY82.jpg 070624.jpg 50fb69f6a957cb7d059d55688ca1c4fa.jpg cd4febf656449d9a289bdc6853209361.jpg images (2).jpeg

Most hovercraft are dang loud and usually best over water, sand, grass. ATVs seems awesome. Impressed that tanks exert lower ground pressure than most things. Still means a lot of weight anyhow.
In my experience using/observing machines off-road, I have become convinced that weight is the Great Satan off-road. Ground pressure is one factor, but if you encounter a mud bog or have to climb an incline, traction become an issue. I've gotten tracked machines stuck a number of time due to the weight. I've also seen the mud holes ATVs (I assume mostly wheeled ones) and 4x4s have created while 2 wheeled machines (usually dirt bikes) that are much lighter did much less damage to the ground.

I also saw the damage the logging machinery (tracked excavators with special log handling attachments, skidders and trucks) did to my land when I had some logging done. The big excavators and skidders (mostly the former) left huge deep ruts I later had to repair with a dozer. The trucks pretty much killed our paved road which required repaving.

I'm still Ols School with my rigs, just scored this orphan and will be dragging her home!
1710195540170.png
What mine should look like when done!
An Ultra Rare 1942 Dodge Half Cab Truck WC-22 1/2 ton, they only built 5570 of them, and ALL went over seas, mostly to the Med. theater, and Italy, with about half those surviving that theater shipped to the China/Burma/India theater, and later to the Pacific for the Island hopping campaigns. they were so well designed and damn useful that almost all survivors were then transferred back to the states, ultimately being sold off as surplus when Dodge released the M-37 series Trucks!

Last Edited:
I'm still Ols School with my rigs, just scored this orphan and will be dragging her home!
View attachment 1841584
What mine should look like when done!
An Ultra Rare 1942 Dodge Half Cab Truck WC-22 1/2 ton, they only built 5570 of them, and ALL went over seas, mostly to the Meditation theater, and Italy, with about half those surviving that theater shipped to the China/Burma/India theater, and later to the Pacific for the Island hopping campaigns. they were so well designed and damn useful that almost all survivors were then transferred back to the states, ultimately being sold off as surplus when Dodge released the M-37 series Trucks!
You're obviously going to get marine grade upholstery and new drains in there for the snowstorms and rainstorms, right? You're in Colorado now aren't you, or still in Orygun?

:s0064: let's not forget the wetsuits for driving attire!

You're obviously going to get marine grade upholstery and new drains in there for the snowstorms and rainstorms, right? You're in Colorado now aren't you, or still in Orygun?

:s0064: let's not forget the wetsuits for driving attire!
No need for the drains, the factory floor boards do a good job as they are! ;) There is a container worth of parts, including the soft top and box top, as well as all the bows and hardware and such! everything I would ever need for this is ether included in the deal, or I can get it Brand New in the box/crate as surplus from the war period! The neato thing about all these old Dodge trucks is the parts are still available for them, almost all brand new and in stock!

Nice to see Cargo Vans finally at MSRP. Hate buying new, but one would be a write off for me. Maybe this year depending on how things are going.

Maybe there's hope for box vans and step vans to come down in prices too... :rolleyes:

I've been working out in Carlton and stopped late night at Newberg Ford and looked at some Transits. Sure like the Trail 350, but even at MSRP $71k. Sure it has extra toys, but damn that is some serious coinage for a CARGO van. Outfitted for camping pricing is really nuts, $150k+. Sprinter territory.

My Promaster was $24 new in 2014. If the gov't will pay for a chuck of it via tax savings, maybe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top