JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a SHTF situation, military vehicles would almost assuredly catch everybody's attention.
any reasonably well maintained, clean, running vehicle that's still going on after SHTF, IMO would catch everyone's eyes. A bicycle, hand cart, old jogging strollers, even shopping carts in urban/suburban areas? Not really.

It's during a SHTF situation that low profile/low vis/bland/common vehicles would really shine.. like the box vans/trucks, step vans, SUVs/minivans, and contractor vans/trucks with full walk-in contractor bodies for example.

any reasonably well maintained, clean, running vehicle that's still going on after SHTF, IMO would catch everyone's eyes. A bicycle, hand cart, old jogging strollers, even shopping carts in urban/suburban areas? Not really.

It's during a SHTF situation that low profile/low vis/bland/common vehicles would really shine.. like the box vans/trucks, step vans, SUVs/minivans, and contractor vans/trucks with full walk-in contractor bodies for example.
That depends on the scenario. If you are assuming something like EMP/CME/Miyaki event, then yes, many, but not all, vehicles might have trouble operating, but certainly not all, maybe not even most.

When you're trying to stealth but you gotta bling and roll low :s0140:
FB_IMG_1708667893312.jpg

Clicky to embiggen

It's a V8, see the pic. Sellers are horrible with details. As for isn't that a lot of money? - of course, but get used to it. Inflation, thanks to reckless spending and money printing for foreign endeavors has its penalties.

I am a bigger fan of the GX460/470s. Smaller but still V8s around that time. I really try to only have TWO SEATS in any vehicle I own as I am never called on when I hear - 'who is driving us?'. No kids, no wifey.

It's a V8, see the pic. Sellers are horrible with details. As for isn't that a lot of money? - of course, but get used to it. Inflation, thanks to reckless spending and money printing for foreign endeavors has its penalties.

I am a bigger fan of the GX460/470s. Smaller but still V8s around that time. I really try to only have TWO SEATS in any vehicle I own as I am never called on when I hear - 'who is driving us?'. No kids, no wifey.
I thought those came with v6s, forgot v8 Land cruisers existed.

I really try to only have TWO SEATS in any vehicle I own as I am never called on when I hear - 'who is driving us?'. No kids, no wifey.
Easy. Unbolt all seats except yours.. unclip all the stupid electronic stuff connected to seats and tape over the "seatbelt not fastened" idiot lights. Bam you.also got the space for a small cot and storage space ;)

Biggest reason..
Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 v6.

Low miles (relatively, under 100K, but its also 2006, roughly 18 years old, just shy of 20 years already)

No mechanical issues

No rust

Dealer fresh look.
I guess to each to own and if it serves the purpose. I dont know anything about the new Toyota. My last purchase was a used 2007 Prius with 95,000 miles at Beaverton Toyota in 2017. They want 6,000 and I told them you guys probably lost your mind especially with that mileage. The reason why I was there for I was looking for a $5,000 grocery getter. I cannot see myself spending anything more than that for a "used" new style car on that category. I have my personal reasons and purpose too. Anyways they took the $5,000. On top of that, I fixed the car the the next day and spent $2,600 on parts so I can give it a thorough complete 100k mile major tune up. My neighbor was asking me, you just got the car yesterday and your fixing it.? I use to work for Buick GMC back in the 80's. I was one of the used car trade in technicians doing the safety checks. I know exactly what kind of a sloppy jobs they do on trade in used cars. But like what I told you I dont know anything about the new cars anymore especially 4x4. Maybe its different now. I also have a 1986 Toyota pickup (not truck) SR5 crew cab that I bought in 1991 on a 5 year trade in. Initially that was $15,000 new. I believe I paid $3,300 and the mileage was 42k. I still have that pickup today. Its not immaculate but its near perfect. I just use it now for home improvement. I just think that the price of the used cars today are totally outrageous. I see alot of guys in the Prius site how they worship that car and most of them turned into a rabbit hole of total nightmare. That's why sometime I wish we were manufacturing our own American car with our own designs.. The leading edge instead of following other offshore cars.

Landcruisers have quite a reputation, well deserved/earned, HOWEVER, some of that legend is marketing hype, a false belief in something they are NOT, and the price often reflects that! Sure, they are good rigs, but not THAT good, certainly not for the asking price you see many of them going for, but that's something to deal with! Bottom line, Toyota are Over Hyped for what they actually are! For that kind of money, I would rather have a Jeep JK, XJ, or Gladiator and have money left over for other stuff!

Just like anyone, I learned my lesson too the hard way and bought my first brand new 1984 Z-28. With that money I gave the dealership, I could have gotten me a used 6.2 Burt Reynolds or even a Rockford Files. Years earlier I even fumbled with the worst decision I made in my entire life. My step father got so tired of me borrowing his car so he ended up giving it to me since he's got 2. The first thing I did was trading it for a teenagers dream car. At that time the hottest car that I can think of was a 1978 Datsun 280Z 2+2. No wonder when I went to the dealer the owner of the car lot was in a hurry to give me the keys. I didnt know that I was trading a 68 mustang coupe red and white top. My step dad was so mad and till now if I think about it, I feel like throwing up. :s0037: :s0140:

Last Edited:
In prepper vehicle related news, tiny trailer home sales are raging as people cannot afford rent or to buy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top