JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are all step vans or similar van conversions. A home/camper, a dining room van, and merchandising/mobile clothes shops Converted-Van.jpg Stepvan-6.jpg ih-stepvan-16-400b.jpg ih-stepvan-18.jpeg IMG_1390-e1570624988883.jpeg b948f5d28d56803ce60177738005926e--fashion-truck-ideas-fashion-trucks.jpg ee4588e2c36312aa19e3aeff0aa3705a.jpg

This is a 1995 FMTV converted to a rv... impressive work. Being a cheap person, I could seen using old kitchen cabinets from Habitat for Humanity ReStores and countertops made from similarly sourced materials.. 00t0t_4xoybdDngkd_1200x900.jpg 01414_8hBpF7zv9HZ_1200x900.jpg 00A0A_fyr34rmi2kT_1200x900.jpg 00y0y_9E1iehDd6ex_1200x900.jpg 00s0s_3Ts3vHNZbwA_1200x900.jpg

RV furniture components; and lots of staining and painting...

00t0t_aqFztZ8a0GT_1200x900.jpg

I want my RV to be more or less self-contained, so a dry bathroom, kitchen/food prep area, fridge/freezer, sleeping area, water storage and black/grey tanks, heating are the minimums.

That is a lot for a DIY project and too much for me to do myself - by the time I would finish, I would be too old and decrepit to use it.

I don't care to be pulling a trailer, especially the places I want to go. Also, I want to flat tow my Toyota pickup behind my truck, to use the pickup for exploring and hauling stuff like a motorcycle & e-bike.

I know that sounds like a conflict - not wanting to tow a trailer, but wanting to tow my pickup, but there it is.

Yes, I've been thinking about hanging something like this off the back of my flatbed:

View attachment 1441656

Not sure how I would get a camper on/off the bed with that on the back of the bed.
Yeah, I know with trailers, guys have been known to take Toy Haulers and use the back door/ramp, as a back porch, by installing support legs at the out lying corners.

1687484367253.png

...note the folding camping rockers. They're Rockers! Too cool.

Last Edited:
As several of y'all know.. I've been looking at some ideas to get some of my sewing stuff out of the apartment and away from the kids... and I do now have a treadle industrial base for a vintage Singer 31-15 machine... been looking at some of these ideas for a relatively mobile sewing space.. Rectangle-252.png Rectangle-253.jpg
Mobile upholstery repair/fab in a Ram cargo van

canvas.jpg
Sprinter style minimalist set up, just a sewing machine and a table. Likely the fastest and easiest route regardless of what its inside, could be high top van, could be trailer, could be camper rv...

348s.jpg
Another upholstery shop on wheels, in a step van I think? More storage solutions and looks like sewing machine is centered.

For what it's worth... prices are generally similar between old running campers, good looking cargo trailers, box vans and step vans although step vans got more popular in the last 10 years for food carts and mobile clothes shops so prices on these are higher... .

Security would be a consideration; as would power, depending on the setup.. a treadle doesn't need electricity but the lights do...

Edit. A larger RV/motorhome could do double duty as both camp/survival vehicle and mobile shop; but then the issue of sufficient space and ensuring that the kids are safely strapped in their car seats would come up...

A single LiFePO4 100 AH battery would power a decent LED lighting setup for quite a while, and you could have a charger plugged in to charge the battery while driving.
I'm not sure which LED I want yet. Something with a similar white balance as natural sunlight would be best because then I can see actual colors of fabric and patterns. On the other hand.... there's something to be said for having translucent/transparent panels :s0140: but..serious greenhouse effect :s0001: big windows and good AC tied to the towing vehicle or even to a decent propane generator would be better, maybe?

Edit. Something similar to this could be ideal trailer base for me?

Command-and-Control-Windows.jpg
But not this :s0140: be like a fish tank. Display-Windows-Auto.jpg

I'm not sure which LED I want yet. Something with a similar white balance as natural sunlight would be best because then I can see actual colors of fabric and patterns. On the other hand.... there's something to be said for having translucent/transparent panels :s0140: but..serious greenhouse effect :s0001: big windows and good AC tied to the towing vehicle or even to a decent propane generator would be better, maybe?

Edit. Something similar to this could be ideal trailer base for me?

View attachment 1441922
But not this :s0140: be like a fish tank. View attachment 1441923
I believe there are solar tubes that have fans, powered lights, and can be blocked off?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top