JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the Gambler 500 participants.

Infiniti SUV? Interesting notion, sticking an old tent trailer onto the back of a cut out SUV.
FB_IMG_1687145240682.jpg

One of the Gambler 500 participants.

Infiniti SUV? Interesting notion, sticking an old tent trailer onto the back of a cut out SUV.
View attachment 1440572
That's an Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan, emblem on the hood and the rear sliders give it away. Interesting concept with the travel trailer/minivan fusion.

Interesting, in a Madd Maxx kinda way. The pvc pipe and the kiddie pool fender wells really put it over the top.

:s0140:

View attachment 1441049

For those who wonder, the going price for these is about $250K

If I won the lottery, I would get one or two (it seems there are two for sale thru different sellers) and have an armored shell built for the cargo bed - "light" armor of armor aluminum and kevlar/etc., then have a custom interior made with dry bath, etc. and various other amenities.

I am still planning on building an RV - or rather having one built. Twenty years ago I would do much of it myself, but I am coming to the realization that with my health/etc., I just do not have the stamina to take on such projects when just mowing the lawn is too much for me most days.

I vacillate between buying a military surplus rig with a "shelter" box already on it, and just getting a commercial truck camper for my truck - probably the latter. With enough funds and time, in the long run, a military rig would probably be a better choice for a survival rig.

For those who wonder, the going price for these is about $250K

If I won the lottery, I would get one or two (it seems there are two for sale thru different sellers) and have an armored shell built for the cargo bed - "light" armor of armor aluminum and kevlar/etc., then have a custom interior made with dry bath, etc. and various other amenities.

I am still planning on building an RV - or rather having one built. Twenty years ago I would do much of it myself, but I am coming to the realization that with my health/etc., I just do not have the stamina to take on such projects when just mowing the lawn is too much for me most days.

I vacillate between buying a military surplus rig with a "shelter" box already on it, and just getting a commercial truck camper for my truck - probably the latter. With enough funds and time, in the long run, a military rig would probably be a better choice for a survival rig.
FMTV? IMG_8137__57894.jpg 46fb2810-621d-41d9-a665-3e6fc482a5da-01262018-cropped-LMTV M1079 (3).jpg

More conventional and likely more affordable.. Capture_1595839010660_1595839018905.jpeg Apex-8_30.jpg 6ac1878c71cc340b139e5ffbe6c53ec8.jpg

Although there's quite a number of old school slide in camper shells on FB Marketplace along with meth-RVs and van conversions

The camper I want (Host Mammoth) is about $75K - so that puts it in the class of a LMTV/FMTV, not to mention the $10-$20K I need to spend to bring my truck up to snuff for reliability/capability of traveling with a 4K#+ camper on its back.

The upside of my Dodge 3500 is better cruising speed, easier to get parts/service, quieter and more comfort.

I would have to have a mil-surp truck built out, so buying one with a "shelter" already on it, is just the beginning of expenditures.To start with, I would want the higher gearing options - which would add about $10K to the price for a 6x6.

The one outfit said in one of their videos, that they will not mess with or warranty the CTIS systems on the rigs they sell - too unreliable. They said the usual problem is the control module - it might work fine one week and the next go TU.

Yeah, I'm way cheaper than that. I've been looking at several campers, trailers, vans, box trucks on the market, mainly for a mobile sewing shop and occasional family camping. Noted there's a big increase of thefts of a size of trailers because in Oregon, if it's under 1800lbs loaded; doesn't need registration or title

Edit. My family van, 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan GT has a factory tow rating of 3600 lbs. I would need to get a class 2 2" hitch installed and ready, but it looks like 12ft cargo utility trailers could be towed... or one of those classic tin can camper trailers.

Yeah, I'm way cheaper than that. I've been looking at several campers, trailers, vans, box trucks on the market, mainly for a mobile sewing shop and occasional family camping. Noted there's a big increase of thefts of a size of trailers because in Oregon, if it's under 1800lbs loaded; doesn't need registration or title

Edit. My family van, 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan GT has a factory tow rating of 3600 lbs. I would need to get a class 2 2" hitch installed and ready, but it looks like 12ft cargo utility trailers could be towed... or one of those classic tin can camper trailers.
Saw a vid of one guy who added air brakes to his large trailer so that when unhooked from his rig the air brakes would engage, discouraging someone from stealing it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top