JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was what I was going to post.. we have them on all our jacket zipper pulls and on all our keychains.. super light weight and the white LED is far brighter than you would expect.. they run a long tome on one lithium wafer battery and the colored versions run for several days. There is even an infra red version for use with night vision

I love those lights, I bought of each color and tried in basement at night, I found the Turqoise to best to my liking as far light,night vision and battery life, althought white is the brightest it affects night vision and drains batteries faster, turqoise is easier on batteries and does not affect vision. I get from Batter Junction Photon Micro-Light II LED Superbright Key Chain Light- 8 LED Color Options!!

Well I picked up 2 sets of three in a pack of the tech lites at Costco today, I got set for me and one for the better 1/2, (home, office and vehicle) so we would always a stronger / brighter flashlight around. Well I opend my pack loaded the batteries took them into the basement, two worked great, nice and bright and good strobe (for the cost that is $20.00 for pack of three) the third failed to operate, I will have to return the package on my next visit, I am beginning think that someone at Costco does not like me, that is twice in two buys that I have had problem with costco, I am going to have their CEO, and let them know how I feel, I beginning to think they onwed and operated by General Motors, I have had nothing problems with my 09 GMC, and two problem out of two buys what a mess. Well I hope my better 1/2 does not have any problems out of her pack of flashlights when she opens them or I will get teased forever. :)

A buddy just called me up and asked if I figured what was with my new flashlight, I said no why, he said take the batteries out and put them back in, he had screwed with one of the flashlights when we checking them out and put one the batteries in backwards to mess with me, he figured he better tell me before I took them back Costco. I told him just wait I am going to get your @33 good for that one

You get what you paid for, no problems with surefire, ever!

Yeah there is...their price. I paid $150 for a flashlight and lost it the next day. Now all my "pocket lights" brand include Coleman, Fenix and other cheapo brands. I'd rather own 8 Costco lights than just one surefire.

;)

*edit*

Just to add I'm not knocking surefire or the other name brands and (in fact) A Surefire X200 is sitting on my Springfield XD .45 as we speak and a Streamlight rechargeable is on the wall...but what goes in the pockets and bags are the aforementioned.

I got the Fenix LD01. I really like it, it's alot of light in a very small package.
A little bit more than I initially wanted to spend. After I started looking into lights, I found I could justify the price. Actually it's quite a value, compared to some others.
REI's got them in stock, locally off the shelf, for $39.95.
The E11 almost won out but, this is so compact. I can always have it with me.
When I wrap up a couple other projects, I'll look into something bigger, brighter and a little more specialized. If this lives up to it's reputation, I'll seriously consider another Fenix.

Thanks to everyone, for the input, advise and experience.

Congrats - I think you'll really like it.

A little bit more than I initially wanted to spend. After I started looking into [Insert Almost Anything Here], I found I could justify the price.

Isn't that the truth for so many things? I can't tell you how many things I've started looking at thinking that I'd only spend X or get Y item, then upped my budget once I found out more about all the other possibilities....

Well a better or brighter light in on my wish list, but for now I get the best value I can for the funds I have available to spend, I have actually increased the budget on a couple of things, but I am not like big "O" I cannot just keep going to congress for more $$$$.

As one person said 8 costcos for 1 Surefire, well I got 6 Costco's for less than a third the the price of a surefire, that $100.00 will go towards a used but like new 20 gauge pump I was wanting to buy for my other 1/2.

I know you got a light but just thought I would give you a backup option.
Streamlight microstream
1-Aaa
About the size of a middle finger
Pocket clip
Light weight
Under $20
Good light
Tail cap push button for one hand use

Going on two years of EDC use with no problems

I gave serious consideration to the Streamlight Microstream. It is within the size limitations desired. It only puts out around 20 lumens or so?
The Fenix E05 put out 27 lumens, costs the same and is tiny. So that edged out the Microstream, for me.
The LD01 has three levels; 72, 26, and 3 lumens. That's alot of light to always have ready at hand. It's between the Microstream and E05 in size. Also only $39.95, I had originally been thinking $20-$30. While a twisty and not a clicky, this is easily turned on an cycled with one hand.

I know there are brighter lights out there. But size was the primary concern. If it has 100-200 lumens but is the size of a can of shaving cream, I won't carry it all the time. Had to be 1xAAA and small enough to be unobtrusive in the pocket. The point is to always have it. After that it's trying to strike a balance between battery life/lumens/price.

Soon I'll get something that takes more/larger batteries and is substantially brighter. This would be for the night stand and planned ahead activities; traveling, hiking, camping, night time excursions, etc... I'm considering C123's but may go with AA's for the sake of cost/availability. That however might be a subject for another thread as, for me at least, this one has run it's course.

Thanks again to everybody...

Last Edited:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned joby flashlights. I have 2 of them and they are better than the sure fires that I have owned. Best part is, no more batteries. Recharge through any USB port and it all good.

I like that Preon, if could've found one local, it would have beat out the LD01.

I'm afraid I've lost my 'street cred' with my wife. She thinks I'm a super-dork for being so interested in flashlights, of all things.
But then, someone who questions the use of carrying a gun and knife, surely finds a light silly?
Now, I'm just hoping for a power failure. Then I can say, "Never fear, I've got my handy-dandy flashlight!".
Then, I'll be cool...yes...real cool. Right?

I've bought lites at costco with the button on the rear end. They have all failed in the on switch. Thats a three pack of high lumen and a $30 leatherman light. The only rear button lites that work here are the cheap harbor freight ones.

<broken link removed>

I have "field tested" (I use it every day, abuse it often as well) this light...... I will not be buying anything else for probably a good long while.
They also have them for cr123 batteries, double length bodies, larger/higher output heads, weapon light switches, etc.
I highly recommend them.

Here is my current EDC light:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S009931

Cheap, relatively small and SUPER bright on high mode (Although very short run time as it draws 3 amps on high - maybe 5 - 10 minutes, but I always carry a couple spare batteries), 2+ hours on medium, and 10+ hours on low. Strobe mode for the cyclists and SOS mode for emergency situations. Although if I was going to be out in the woods I would probably bring a light that uses 18650 batteries so I would have longer runtimes.
Everyone at work is amazed at how bright it is... Downside is that you have to invest in LiIon batteries (IMR type strongly recommended) and a charger - but you can still get all that for less than most surefire lights and it will be brighter as well.

For those that are not yet flashaholics, the Cree XML led chip is the best bang for the buck at the moment - there are a couple others that are brighter, but they use much more current are are more expensive (SST-50, SST-90). Until something better comes out that is the only type I will buy in the near future.

If I needed something smaller this would be my second choice (Was my EDC until the one above came out):
TANK007 TK-703 HA-III Cree Q3-WC 110-Lumen LED Flashlight - Black (1*AAA/1*10440) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Not nearly as bright but it can use AAA alkaline/NiMh or LiIon(Will give a little more brightness).

You can search either of the above websites for XML or XM-L and you will get quite a variety of very bright flashlights. They are both Hong Kong based, so shipping will normally be 2 - 3 weeks, but they are legit as I have made many orders from both. DX also has one similar to the car rechargeable light that someone else posted about earlier at 1/3 the cost:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-ci...hargeable-0-5w-mini-led-flashlight-blue-28547

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top