JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06BQEJYHNRFKS9FSTGWC
I bought mine at R.E.I.
The entire thing just slides into the cars power port to recharge.

It recharges in my cars cigarette lighter, puts out ~30lumens, and the battery lasts for quite awhile.

In my EDC netbook bag I carry a streamlight strion LED that puts out 160 lumens and is also rechargeable.

I use flashlights quite often. I wont buy anything that is sub-par, but on the same note, I wont buy anything that doesnt recharge.

Surefire E2E executive flashlight on sale for $45 at LA Police Gear

Love mine!

Surefire E2E Executive Elite Flashlight

Never understand this train of thought...you guys will buy 9mm and .22lrs because ammo is so cheap but specifically buy flashlights that need these little CR123 batteries instead of the ones that take AA or AAA batteries.

Seriously, this boggles my mind. The only flashlights I now own that take the CR123 batteries are my pistol-mounted flashlights.

Never understand this train of thought...you guys will buy 9mm and .22lrs because ammo is so cheap but specifically buy flashlights that need these little CR123 batteries instead of the ones that take AA or AAA batteries.

Seriously, this boggles my mind. The only flashlights I now own that take the CR123 batteries are my pistol-mounted flashlights.

Once you go rechargeable, you'll never go back!

Amazon.com: Streamlight Strion LED with Holder: Home Improvement

Not really. I have a mix of streamlight rechargable flashlights. Many have went through batteries before their time. Both stingers I've bought won't work anymore either.

That 511 Light 4 Life had me very interested...until there were reports of them blowing up.

Thinking of just buying rechargable AA batteries and switching all my lights to AA.

Not really. I have a mix of streamlight rechargable flashlights. Many have went through batteries before their time. Both stingers I've bought won't work anymore either.

That 511 Light 4 Life had me very interested...until there were reports of them blowing up.

Thinking of just buying rechargable AA batteries and switching all my lights to AA.

Mine has been going on 2 years with the same battery.
AA's dont last worth a crap. By the time you buy enough rechargeable AA's to get you a decent run time, you'll end up spending more money and carrying more weight.

Personally, I wont go back to AA or AAA flashlights.

I have 2 expensive "ATAS" Krypton bulbed lights one lasted less than a year and the bulb shorted out, it was soldered in place of course, $50 to replace., how does a soldered bulb that has been treated like the Crist Child short out after 20 hours? That would be a cost to me over $150 for a light that might fail again, no cash replacement warranty AKA wussyville.
The second unit goes through $5 dollars of batterys each night, you do the math.
I'm switching to LEDS and 12V Motorcycle batterys carried in myhip pocket! That ought to teach em!
Where are the Wall Streeters when we need them most!!!!!

Does anyone have any data on battery life with a regular bulb vs LED? I'm getting the impression that while the LEDs last "forever," they are hard on batteries??

For now I think I'll stick with my little Mag Lite. The batteries last a long time, the beam can be focused, it carries a spare bulb, it's small and it's bright. I'll have to get convinced to change.

Mine has been going on 2 years with the same battery.
AA's dont last worth a crap. By the time you buy enough rechargeable AA's to get you a decent run time, you'll end up spending more money and carrying more weight.

Personally, I wont go back to AA or AAA flashlights.

I had to think long and hard about a reply to this but I think you might have something there (especially about the weight). I might just have to check out that Essential Gear Spotlight you mentioned earlier. $15 for a rechargeable flashlight isn't anything to ignore.

For now I think I'll stick with my little Mag Lite. The batteries last a long time, the beam can be focused, it carries a spare bulb, it's small and it's bright. I'll have to get convinced to change.
Give this a look. You can upgrade and still keep all the features you like:
LED Upgrade II | Nite Ize

If I didn't already have a drawer full of flashlights, and another on the way (eventually, whenever they are released) then I might pick up one of these. Still might...

Does anyone have any data on battery life with a regular bulb vs LED? I'm getting the impression that while the LEDs last "forever," they are hard on batteries??

that may all be true but as you get older your eyeballs get weaker and require brighter/whiter/bluer light to work, it aint fun getting old, no fun at all
I'm sure you can find a web site with the info you seek

that may all be true but as you get older your eyeballs get weaker and require brighter/whiter/bluer light to work, it aint fun getting old, no fun at all

Well, I'm not there yet. I'm still 20/20 and see well in the dark.

I'm sure you can find a web site with the info you seek

I tried - no luck yet. Might have to run a test - my mag light against a similar LED.

Don't underestimate the Mag. I especially like the ability to focus from wide for walking to a spot for distance. And, it's bright.

+1 Fenix.
My EDC is a Fenix LD01.
Single AAA, I use a lithium.
And I use it almost every day.
I also got an LD15 for a single AA option.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top