JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to critique anyone's actions. That said, if you don't carry a gun "Ready" to fire you shouldn't be carrying a gun! I carry a 1911. Condition 1 all the time. That is arguably the most dangerous gun to carry. I'm the safety! Understand that. I'm the safety! Are Glocks a safer gun to carry, probably, but I'm not relying on the gun. I'm the safety. Read all the books you can. Take defensive hand gun classes. Be as ready as you can be and LIVE defensively! Like Massad Ayoob has said, "When you carry a gun you MUST remain calm, and be in control of your emotions at all times!" This is the real deal. No greater freedom exists in this country than the ability to arm yourself daily. We may lose this in my lifetime. For now, we must all act responsibly.

After seeing videos like this I stopped carrying with an empty chamber.
I carry pipe filled everytime now.
I usually have at least one of my kids with me so one hand is always on them. I don't have the option to pull and rack.

After seeing videos like this I stopped carrying with an empty chamber.
I carry pipe filled everytime now.
I usually have at least one of my kids with me so one hand is always on them. I don't have the option to pull and rack.
Or the time... As you've seen just a couple of seconds and it's all done and finished...

I carry a 1911, condition one, and practice that way from concealment, strong hand, each and every time. Weak hand will most likely be busy getting the loved ones out of harms way...

Practice, practice and then practice some more... At the range, with live fire. At home with snap caps... Drawing and firing should become as smooth and natural as walking...

If you ever want to see how you will do in a fire fight - while not 100% accurate, paintball is a very good activity as far as understanding line of sight and what will and won't "get you killed".
I played pro-level paintball for several years. It's good training. Not only good for tactics and line of fire, but also for muscle memory and hitting where you point without using sights. That's important because you don't have time to effectively use sights in most pistol fights.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top