JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's an example of different ammo and accuracy. Yours may like different flavors.
These are all 5 shot groups at 25 and 50 yards. The Federal is AutoMatch.

View attachment 374656

You can find a comprehensive accuracy test of .22LR ammo at .22LR Rimfire Ammo Comparison Test within AccurateShooter.com

And BTW, my .22LR Ruger auto won't function with subsonic ammo; has to be hand-racked. So I've relegated that supply to my 11-year-old granddaughter, who has a Ruger American (bolt action).

If you find you like the Fed AM this is a great place to buy it if you have trouble fining it.
Academy Sports + Outdoors | Quality Sporting Goods | Top Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Gear
Stuff is $19 a box and ships free. Just looked and they still have a limit on it of one box and you have to spend $25 to get the free ship so you would need to toss in something else. I was buying .22 ammo from this place all through the shortage \ panic. I often wondered how they could make a profit on it with the free ship.

Hey thanks for the tip. We're currently pretty "set" .22 wise. But good for all to know for sure!

SGammo has them by the case (10x325) at 172.50 plus $16 shipping, add a few $ for insurance/signature, and comes in at the same price. So $19-$20 looks to be the price point everyone has settled at.

Oddly enough, Cabelas had the best price when they did get a little in stock. Could use a coupon and free ship to store and brought it under $20/box towards the end of the drought (pre-election). Found that a little odd, but had some other things to get there anyways, so online ordered & had everything shipped to store.

-We also have a whole bunch other than federal. But really can't beet the federal automatch for its price & consistency-

Really like SK standard plus & Aguilla interceptor, both over the federal (excluding the price points). The Aguilla match line is ok as well (pistol & rifle).

Probably have around a dozen or so of various, in quantity.

I shoot a Buckmark Hunter and Practical as well as an S&W 617 and NA Black widow. I've never had any issues using the Federal Champion 36g 525 Value Pack CPRN or the Federal 36g 325 Value Pack CPRN rounds. I've also shot CPRN Fiocchi and CCI CPRN without a hitch. Prefer not shooting the LRN rounds unless that is all there is available. The only firearm I ever had issue with in 22LR was a Ruger MKIII Talo Edition. I traded it in recently. I do not believe the issues were ammo related however.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top