JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I believe this is a P14 but would like to know who the mfg is and I find nothing about who made the rifle. It came in an old Bishop stock and the thing is heavy. It's a 30-06.
1630460473306.png

It looks like it has the flaming bomb on the bolt handle, so likely a Model 1917. That has been heavily modified to remove the original rear sight ears. If it doesn't have any markings on the receiver, those could have been removed during the "sporterization" process.

Time to sell it?
I'd like to as I have no use for it but a good friend gave it to me. I had it in pieces today and was thinking about carving a pound or more of wood off the stock, removing the front sight and cerakoting it but, couldn't find the enthusiasm.

I'd like to as I have no use for it but a good friend gave it to me. I had it in pieces today and was thinking about carving a pound or more of wood off the stock, removing the front sight and cerakoting it but, couldn't find the enthusiasm.
I was once given a remington bird shotgun of some variety with a 28" barrel.. sat totally useless to me for years before i hacked down the stock, chopped the barrel to 18.1", stuck a bigger magazine on it, krylon'd it flat black and stuck a night front sight on it... man i took that thing to the range every trip after that.

I would not change it. I would leave it alone or sell it or pass it on - gift.

A gift is a gift.

Once a person gives a gift of any type to another person, in my opinion, they can do what they choose to do with the gift.

Keep it, sell it or pass it on as a GIFT to another family member or friend if the gift does not suit their wishes or it their tastes CHANGE in firearms or in any other THING in life.

Your mileage may vary. NO problem!

Take care.

Cate

I wouldn't Cerakote a rifle like that.
A modern rifle maybe.
If the old rifle doesn't have collector value and needs a re-finish, I go with a re-blue instead.

A friend has the same rifle with one of the clunky Bishop stocks.
Boyd's has stocks for those...(not sure which version you have)

Example:
Screen-Shot-09-03-21-at-12-21-PM.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews