JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the boomers are to be believed .22 will bounce around and liquify internal organs until it causes the heat death of the universe too. There is even a FB group dedicated to the .22's hyper-deadly capabilities.

C97EAC9C-C08A-4DA5-BA56-6B750E29A8C4.jpeg

Fairly well-known over the years as a weapon of choice for Mexican gangs in California and Mafiosi around the country. Low discharge report and excellent penetration. The gangs in Calif. preferred eye socket shots into the brain.

Erle Stanley Gardner (wrote "Perry Mason" novels) was a medical doctor. In his literature, he often wrote descriptive narratives re. gunshot injuries. For example, intracranial ricochet scenarios, where once the bullet enters the skull, it deflects around multiple times to maximize tissue injury. This is a frequent result of .22 shots into the head. The human head doesn't need to be "blown clean off" with a .44 Magnum a la Dirty Harry to affect the fatal wound.

Most I see on ring cams here are centerfire pistol or higher. The ones in the news and reported on ring are usually .380, 9mm, or .223

Don't forget 57

It's a crop of a stock photo and (at least back when I was doing that kind of work) it should have been tagged as such

This ^^^
Right click on the photo and you will see that the writer for NW Examiner is lazy, misleading and doesn't care about reporting facts.
The prerequisites are all there.

All sorts of weapons are carried by PDX bad guys and gals

They better not start dipping into my supply. Bad enough I have to fight hoarders.

I was admiring the Savage 99 in one of the other links.
Yeah, that is nice lookin'... :s0155:

Too bad it's gonna "find its way home" with someone working in the Evidence Room... :(
But I guess that's better than getting melted down or broken up...

Last Edited:
During my time defending this nation from the "Yellow Peril" and the communists in general, I was surprised to discover that the lowly .22LR when used in conjunction with a suppressor, made an excellent weapon for "disposing" of VC paymasters, and other high-ranking members of the Viet Cong. While I never participated in this endeavor, certain members of another more nautical branch of our military, did. You would find the deceased at trail crossings or other well-traveled places. It was a real exercise in Psychology Operations to demonstrate that no one was out of the reach of those that wanted to find you and end your life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top