JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe they bought into the rumor that a .22 round, when fired out of a gun held sideways, shoots straighter than a 9mm equally canted sideways?

Maybe they bought into the rumor that a .22 round, when fired out of a gun held sideways, shoots straighter than a 9mm equally canted sideways?
I think it's cuz they think 22 is bigger than 9... I mean, it's more than twice as big... right...??? o_O

I think it's cuz they think 22 is bigger than 9... I mean, it's more than twice as big... right...??? o_O
Well....
A .22 has to be bigger than a 9mm...
22 is a bigger number than 9 after all... :D
Andy
Ugh...Sobo beat me to it....damn quick draw keyboards.... :D
Mister 8 gauge might have a thing or two to say about that...

1670812345173.jpeg

1670812564258.jpeg

Sadly, that does fit the "Text, History, and Tradition" of our country :(

Sadly, that does fit the "Text, History, and Tradition" of our country :(

5 out of 4 people are bad at fractions.... :D
Andy

22LR for distance urban defense is pretty cool. Suppressed from the rooftops and identify as Korean.

22LR for distance urban defense is pretty cool. Suppressed from the rooftops and identify as Korean.
Proper (as in meant to be quiet) subsonic ammo is very quiet, I have some primer only Aguila ammo that is very quiet on its own from a rifle.

But distance is not one of .22 RF's best properties. It is better up close/closer and suppressed - best when the barrel is against the skin (so that the gases also do damage). Of course, distance is relative.

This is all academic and moot since the OP photo is not of a crime scene, but rather a stock photo. I do suppose some gang crims use .22 RF for various reasons mentioned, but so far what I have seen here is assumptions and suppositions, not facts.

Well--another weapon of war in the hands of civilians.

S&W sold 87,000 No. 1 revolvers during the civil war, most
of them to soldiers. Caliber---22 short.

I warned 'em...

I liked that movie very much. We passed it on to the library after watching it many times.

Those 2 male actors are some of my favorite actors even though I am not into HOLLY-WEIRD that much NOW or was that much in the PAST too.

I did have my favorite movies for many years.

With that said, I did and still DO get VERY FED UP with ALMOST all modern movies and tv shows. Throw in so called 'music' too.

Cate

Why would anyone be shocked that a 22lr or a 22wmr firearm could be used by bad guys or GOOD GUYS?

I am not shocked.

Heck, they could be using baseball bats and that would NOT shock me while doing the dirty deed or IF a GOOD GUY used one in a self defense situation if that is ALL that he or she had on hand.

A 22lr or a 22wmr cartridge coming out of a rifle or a handgun can KILL or WOUND a person. ONE SHOT especially out of a rifle in specific circumstances have already BEEN PROVEN in some murder cases AND even in some self defense situations.

Shot placement - one or more shots. Old news. And SOME of those were news stories using 22lr and not even a 22wmr cartridge!

I can think of a few cases back east where that happened in MURDER cases AND in self defense cases where the lady or kid defended their lives AND their relatives while WAITING for the deputies to show up - rural counties.

I would not hesitate to STOP A BAD GUY who wanted to murder me. I have a 22wmr rifle and a 22lr rifle here in my home and I actually do KEEP UP my basic skills and safety even if I do not shoot TONS as I did in the past as a former high volume shooter using different firearms (Handguns/rifles.) in various calibers.

Past tense! Former firearms.

Old Lady Cate

If the boomers are to be believed .22 will bounce around and liquify internal organs until it causes the heat death of the universe too. There is even a FB group dedicated to the .22's hyper-deadly capabilities.

View attachment 1328030
I am an old lady, 72 years old, aka A BOOMER to some people.

I have NO clue about this group and I never joined FAKEBOOK, twatter/twitter, etc.

I do KNOW that a 22lr cartridge can KILL a person. It can wound someone too.

Some SO CALLED 'blanks' can wound or kill people too.

I don't want to get into a ___ing contest with you or anyone else HERE but if you think that a 22lr cartridge can't KILL a person or even some animals - I believe and KNOW that you are wrong. Dead wrong.

NO offense.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top