JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at a move in the next yor two. How long does the atf take to approve these? I am wondering if anybody on the board has any recent experience with this. This will be for sbr, sbs and machine guns so this is not just a silencer thing. For example, plan is to rent a month or 2 minimum while house hunting. I presume I would need the address which would necessitate a short turn around time.

I am in no time bind at this point, but I would rather never be.

Move will most likely be to Idaho.

When I was getting ready to move to Idaho, I just put the address of the house I thought I was going to buy. Ended up with the one down the street. The first one I submitted was for a temporary transport, and the second was a for real move. I think they ended up mailing them to my new address, but I had followed up via email before the move and they emailed me a copy.
I'd just file a temporary, you can put one year for the dates of travel. Since it will be mailed to your current address. Then when you have your permanent address, just do a real change.

IIRC the time frame was only a few weeks, and you can email or fax it to them.

Good luck!

Obligatory IANAL but my recollection is that this is a notification and not a request for permission and there isn't really an obligation to wait for a reply
But that being said I would call the local ATF office and ask

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top