JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im-from.jpg

Aloha, Mark

According to a blog by David Cooper and Julia Wolfe of the Economic Policy Institute, Oregon has the highest rate of workers who are receiving unemployment benefits or waiting on their claim to be approved with 23.8% of the labor market being in that situation as of June 12.

Nationally, the unemployment rate dropped to 13.3% in May from 14.7% in April, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. The national record for U.S. unemployment rate was 24.9% in 1933 during the Great Depression.

Is ANYONE in Oregon getting unemployment insurance payments?

The only people I know actually getting the $600 Federal was already on Oregon UI before the lockdown in March.

I think most people are. I have been getting payments for over a month now IIRC. I applied the first week of April IIRC, and checks started about 6 weeks later. I get both the state and federal.

WA state government is putting most employees on a 1 day per week furlough so they can get unemployment until the Fed unemployment stimulus runs out. That started this week, so yeah, that is a lot of new claims. I didn't read your attached article yet.

WA state government is putting most employees on a 1 day per week furlough so they can get unemployment until the Fed unemployment stimulus runs out. That started this week, so yeah, that is a lot of new claims. I didn't read your attached article yet.

That is interesting. In Oregon, if you work part time, and make more than the benefit, then you don't get the benefit, but I don't know whether that disqualifies you from getting the $600 fed benefit or not.

I remember during the housing bubble crash, some states in the SE USA were advising older unemployed people to go on SSI disability so as to get them off the UI roles. I don't know about then, but I know now it is pretty hard to get on SSI disability - it takes 6-12 months and doctors basically have to testify that you are an invalid. Even then people don't get on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top