JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When this current jackass occupant of the White House was inaugurated diesel was $2.15 to $2.19 per gallon.

In Eugene its currently $5.25 per gallon with many stations even higher.

Don't give me the "it's a global market for oil" BS.

US production kept a cap on price per barrel on the world market.

We send billions to Ukraine to fight the Russians....Bidens' stupidity causes oil price increases that more than pays the cost of Russia's war effort.....and that includes the US buying/importing Russian gas and oil for US consumption.

Accumulated/compounded inflation since Jan 2021 is 19.82%.

$1 in Jan 2021 is now worth $.83.

The world would be a better place if Mr Biden immediately began spending his eternity in hell falling down an infinitely long flight of stairs...with Heels Up Harris cackling over the sound system providing the sound track for his eternal graceless decent.

IMHO

Last Edited:
Nothing to see here move along. 🤬
I try not to even look when I need gas since WTF can I do. Last time I was filling up it was $569 IIRC Well remember a few years ago when it was $1.50. Yet still a LOT of people I work with who strait face tell me how glad they are Joe won. :confused:

Im out of the loop, what did biden do to raise gas prices? I thought it was because russia and Saudi Arabia cut production, ya know free market economy, supply and demand.

Are you implying gas prices should be controled, regulated, and thus subsidized by big government? I thought we prefer a free market economy over here without Big Government regulation.

Im out of the loop, what did biden do to raise gas prices? I thought it was because russia and Saudi Arabia cut production, ya know free market economy, supply and demand.

Are you implying gas prices should be controled, regulated, and thus subsidized by big government? I thought we prefer a free market economy over here without Big Government regulation.

So its some too secret stuff you cant even tell me about? Sounds legit.
Don't know whether you're being serious with this.

US was the worlds largest oil/gas producer. We are producing 2 million barrels less than we were just a couple of years ago. You take US production off the market and tell the world we are cutting exploration and production into the future and we are once again at the mercy of the Saudis, Russians and Venezuelans.

The White House jackass put us at the mercy of foreign oil producers....a repeat of the 1970's.

Our production allowed us to put a cap on price increases.
We could flood the market with additional crude oil/gas to reverse attempted price increases by other producers....And no, that's not imposing price controls or subsidies to oil companies or any other brain dead leftist claptrap.

There is no legitimate opposing argument to this truth.
I assume you were making a joke with your posts.
Can't and won't help you if you weren't and I tend not to feed trolls.

Last Edited:

US was the worlds largest oil/gas producer. We are producing 2 million barrels less than we were just a couple of years ago. You take US production off the market and tell the world we are cutting exploration and production into the future and we are once again at the mercy of the Saudis, Russians and Venezuelans.

The White House jackass put us at the mercy of foreign oil producers....a repeat of the 1970's.

We could flood the market with additional crude oil/gas to reverse attempted price increases by other producers....And no, that's not imposing price controls or subsidies to oil companies or any other brain dead leftist claptrap.

If his avatar is any indication, he's not kidding. You can't have anarchism or communism with low energy prices.

Also, the SPR levels have been interesting since Jan 2021. Sell low buy high.

How about the gas prices?
These photos were taken this morning 9-29-23. All 3 gas stations are located on the same corner. BUT, But, but.......normally there is a competition when pricing gasoline.

1696036556008.png

1696036611871.png

1696036647281.png

Yeah, really?
They must all be in cahoots. Because normally, the ARCO station is cheaper.

Aloha, Mark

I work with a LOT of people who voted for the current top spot and they are like cult members. They will repeat talking points off the "news" just like this and shut down when you try to give them facts. Somewhere in the back of their mind they have to know they got just what they asked for but are completely unwilling to admit the mistake. A LOT of them are gun owners and think like this. It can be amazing to listen to them. This group is just a SMALL slice of the "gun community" yet you see plenty of it here. As we get close to another election you will see a lot of them get VERY animated and defensive of the choices they made and are intending to make again. :s0092:

Okay that all makes sense. Except the part when you said "our production allowed us to put a cap on price increases"…"and no thats not imposing price controls"

Isnt that quite literally imposing price controls? Controlling production is controlling supply thus reducing the value of demand. I mean i dont recall what grade i got in highschool economics but i do recall the section about free market economy and government controlled prices and what your describing is most definitely government controlled pricing.

If we cut supply, demand stays the same, prices go up (we are here). If we flood the market with more oil than demanded to reduce the demand on other countries oils, that's controlling the price (we were here). Then again i maybe comply wrong about a true free market system, i was educated in an extremely conservative state (and unfortunately for me one of the dumbest in the nation), i wasn't educated in one of the liberal states this forum is home to so maybe I learned a different type of economics than yall did out here?

When this current jackass occupant of the White House was inaugurated diesel was $2.15 to $2.19 per gallon.

In Eugene its currently $5.25 per gallon with many stations even higher.

Don't give me the "it's a global market for oil" BS.

US production kept a cap on price per barrel on the world market.

We send billions to Ukraine to fight the Russians....Bidens' stupidity causes oil price increases that more than pays the cost of Russia's war effort.....and that includes the US buying/importing Russian gas and oil for US consumption.

Accumulated/compounded inflation since Jan 2021 is 19.82%.

$1 in Jan 2021 is now worth $.83.

The world would be a better place if Mr Biden immediately began spending his eternity in hell falling down an infinitely long flight of stairs...with Heels Up Harris cackling over the sound system providing the sound track for his eternal graceless decent.

IMHO
we need to vote these democrats out and our times is now.

Yet again the Democrats paving the way to hell with the best of intentions whatever nominal gain Mother Gaia is going to get from five dollar a gallon gas is vastly outweighed by the damage it's causing to the hundreds of millions of Americans that are struggling. I've been saying it for years global warming is just a wealth transfer from us to them.

Restricting supply by using government regulation to reduce supply is indeed price controls.

Encouraging supply by elimination or reduction of regulation, thereby allowing prices to adjust without government intervention, is not price controls. It is the exact opposite. It is removing price controls.

Price controls manifest in various ways. The most direct is direct control of prices by government dictate. This is the most visible form of price controls.

A less direct way is taxation. Government discourages behaviors by making them more expensive. "Sin" taxes on tobacco and alcohol are a common form of this price control. The recently applied fuel tax in the state of Washington is another example. This is a less visible form of price controls, but still quite obvious.

Hidden forms of price control are favored by governments. An example of this in Oregon is the recent Corporate Activity Tax, This tax applies to gross business incomes above a million dollars, so it looks like a "tax the rich" scheme. But these corporations just pass the cost onto the customers, so your electricity bill, food costs, etc. go up and discourage consumption. An Excise Tax is a targeted tax to discourage purchase of a specific product.

The ultimate for m of hidden tax/price control is regulation of supply of a product through regulation that either makes production much more difficult/expensive, or prohibits production on the extensive land holdings of the government.

The easiest way to identify government interference with pricing is to imagine a balance scale. If the government is taking an action that applies a weight on the lighter side of the scale, that is price controls. If the government is pushing down on the heavier side of the scale, that is also price controls. If the government is releasing pressure on any side of the scale, that is reducing price controls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top