JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over 250 people at our local paper FB page complained that they have not seen one cent yet. We are all afraid that the Fedreal money will be gone by the time Oregon gets its bubblegum in gear.

I meet all of the requirements but it's been a lot of years since I was behind a welder.

Hoping to find something in Vancouver if possible - just really want to avoid the commute and I don't have a truck to go fetch parts unfortunately.

Also trying to stay out of apartment maintenance if possible. So far I haven't been told my job is gone, yet, so I'm holding out for what will make me happy until I get laid off or go back to work. If I'm laid off my options of what I'll take will open up greatly.

Oregon

fredgraph.png

That's pretty simple math if OR is anything like WA.

1 claim per week = 1 check

3 months doesn't make 37 weeks.

There are two checks per week; the Oregon UI check and the $600 check that is federal benefits. I got 10 checks, then another 2 the next week. Since then, I get two deposits each week. Not efficient, but I imagine it is quicker than modifying their software to send out one check each week with both combined.

Even at 3 months he would have only gotten ~24 checks. The article said he applied late March, which is about when I did too. So that would be about 10-12 weeks. I think what they generally do in such a situation is just let it ride until the checks they sent already are adequate for what you claim. If you close out your claim before you have earned the benefits, then eventually they ask you to pay it back.

Personally I would go ahead and deposit the checks and let the UI dept. sort it out. At worst they will ask for repayment.

I've been exceptionally lucky to have zero issues with unemployment. Even going back to work 1 day a week.
I ended up applying and accepting a offer for a new job. It was a tough decision, been at my current employer around 19 years.

Next week I start my new job. Starting over.
But I'm really lucky. And feel very fortunate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top