JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got let go from my assembly job because I made a mistake in their process flow. Tried to take accountability and they just cut me loose on the spot. Pretty bummed out about it. Does anyone have any leads on a decent job out in the west side of the Portland Metro area? Willing to travel a bit. I am reliable, a hard worker and a good team player. My background is mostly in manufacturing, mechanical assembly, and retail sales.

This community has come through amazingly for me so I figured i might as well try. Thanks.

- Ray

I work with a bunch of f-ing dipbubblegumz so if you feel you fall into that category, hit me up and I'll let you know when we're hiring

If you're mechanically inclined, you might see if you can get a job as a lube tech on heavy equipment/diesel trucks and move on up from there. I'm a diesel mechanic and make pretty good money, definitely a lot more than I made on a factory assembly floor. Food for thought.

Thanks everyone for helpful suggestions and for reaching out to me with potential opportunities. I've actually been recruited to apply for a promising role in the Semi-Conductor industry and so far things are progressing nicely.

Hopefully I'll know if I got the job by the beginning of next week.

I'll also look into international paper. One of my buddy's dad retired with them and did quite well for himself.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone for helpful suggestions and for reaching out to me with potential opportunities. I've actually been recruited to apply for a promising role in the Semi-Conductor industry and so far things are progressing nicely.

I'll also look into international paper. One of my buddy's dad retired with them and did quite well for himself.

Cheers!
Can you ask his Dad if you can use him as a reference? Could be a help to you. Good luck

Cheers!
?

*update* I got the job I had previously mentioned in the semi-conductor industry as a CNC Machinist. It's something I've been interested in for a few years and it was one of the first opportunities that came up.

Just like the old saying "when God closes a door he opens a window" I am super focused on giving this my all. Seems like this company has lots of opportunities to grow into.

Thanks again everyone!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top