JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And how high do you think that bar is? :s0114:

Also, they 'effed up" about 4 or 5 city blocks, there are videos of people sitting at outdoor restaurants watching the spectacle, so maybe it was a bit less traumatic outside of those 4 or 5 blocks than some would have you believe.
Meh, Potland is a lost cause and I avoid it like the plague that it is.

Schrödinger's Terrorist's

Simultaneously mommie basement dwelling losers and well organized international criminal masterminds
It's amazing what you can accomplish when working for a living is not one of your concerns.
Question: I never have, but if I were to buy a firearm online and want to send it to my local gun shop , would it be proper etiquette to go ask the gun shop before hand? Or just ship it there and show up when it arrives to get it ? I don't know if this has any bearing on this thread, but maybe it does?
Back when I was making on line purchases, I would always let them know what I was planning to do and ask if it was OK with them before the actual purchase was made, as a courtesy.

Also, they 'effed up" about 4 or 5 city blocks, there are videos of people sitting at outdoor restaurants watching the spectacle, so maybe it was a bit less traumatic outside of those 4 or 5 blocks than some would have you believe.
Yea only 4-5 blocks so it was ok…..

And I believe that facts do not support your belief.

Things may have changed, but back in the last century when my job included presenting counter-terrorism briefings, the accepted definition for terrorist was any person or group that uses violence or the threat of violence to advance a political cause.

Since antifa managed to seriously eff up Portland almost nightly for a couple of years, costing at least one life and millions of bucks for major repairs, they seem a tad more competent than the officials that we expect to protect public safety. In short, if antifa is incompetent, I'd sure hate to see what a competent antifa is capable of doing.

Yea only 4-5 blocks so it was ok…..

Not what I said, but ok

ETA for some of you. I never said it was ok, only that they didn't "shut down Portland"

You didn't have too.

Out of curiosity, this thing you like to do where you make up stuff I never said
@salmon creek gary said they messed up Potland, you said it wasn't so bad, people were dining while filming. @1775usmc said, "oh, not so bad, only a few blocks got messed up". You got upset that he took things out of your mouth.

As an unbiased outsider, he's in the right on this one.

@salmon creek gary said they messed up Potland, you said it wasn't so bad, people were dining while filming. @1775usmc said, "oh, not so bad, only a few blocks got messed up". You got upset that he took things out of your mouth.

As an unbiased outsider, he's in the right on this one.
Can you show me where I said "oh not so bad, only a few blocks got messed up"?

Not where you think I said that, where I actually literally 100% said that because I never said it was OK because it was only a few blocks. It was not OK, feels silly that I have to say that, but I guess I do

Out of curiosity, this thing you like to do where you make up stuff I never said and pretend that I hold opinions that I've never expressed, is that some thing that you do with everybody you disagree with or do I just hold a special place in your heart?
:s0114:
You're special. But you hold no place in my heart.

Anyone with a brain, can read what you say/write and immediately pick up what you're putting down. You just like to beat around the bush so you can immediately back pedal, saying "I never said that." I'd have much more respect for you if you would just come out and say what you think instead of being so passive.

You down play everything the progressives/lefties do. You have a slant in every comment. It's very easy to see where you stand.

You're special. But you hold no place in my heart.

Anyone with a brain, can read what you say/write and immediately pick up what you're putting down. You just like to beat around the bush so you can immediately back pedal, saying "I never said that." I'd have much more respect for you if you would just come out and say what you think instead of being so passive.

You down play everything the progressives/lefties do. You have a slant in every comment. It's very easy to see where you stand.
I don't "backpedal" from things I actually say, and if I never said it I can't backpedaling from it
You simply twist what I say to fit your idea that I have a leftist agenda because my point of view on some things, almost entirely non-firearms related political things, differs from yours

I don't "backpedal" from things I actually say, and if I never said it I can't backpedaling from it
You simply twist what I say to fit your idea that I have a leftist agenda because my point of view on some things, almost entirely non-firearms related political things, differs from yours
Keep living in your own little bubble. Eventually it will pop. Lol.

Ahh revisionism.

Ahh revisionism. The real life memory hole. Rewrite history and it didn't happen. Anyway, I can remember the following being 'effed up'.

The Mayor's apt in the Pearl.
The CHAZ wannabe in the Pearl. lol
Other areas of the Pearl, on multiple nights.
The Federal Building on 3rd.
Multnomah County Bld on 1st.
The historical museum up by the university.
The police union building on the east side.
The Red House (iirc what it was called) neighborhood, again on the east side.
The Democratic party building on the east side.
The ICE building area on 43.

That's just off the top of my head, without a map. Declared riots iirc all. Damage, injuries and arrests. That's not including the destruction up and down downtown of businesses. Or the various marches through areas and their accompanying chaos and damage. Or the fights! LOL! How could I forget the brawls like the one near the convention center!

Anyway, a bit more than 4 or 5 blocks eh?

So this buyer's firearm is stuck at the Florence gun shop as they refuse to do a BGC and transfer. Suppose the out of state seller refuses to take a return and refund. So this guy's gun is stuck in limbo forever? Will the gun shop eventually transfer it to themselves and sell it? Can the buyer sue the Florence gun shop for reimbursement on the gun cost? How does that all work out.

If a gun shop owner has safety concerns about selling/transferring a firearm to an individual, they should have the right to refuse the sale.
Say a clearly distraught lady comes into the store crying and asks to buy a gun. When asked which one, she replies, any gun while wiping away a tear. Then she asks to by a bullet for it, one bullet. Would you sell her the gun and the one bullet?

If a gun shop owner has safety concerns about selling/transferring a firearm to an individual, they should have the right to refuse the sale.
Say a clearly distraught lady comes into the store crying and asks to buy a gun. When asked which one, she replies, any gun while wiping away a tear. Then she asks to by a bullet for it, one bullet. Would you sell her the gun and the one bullet?
Nah , I'd take the time to talk to her . Maybe just ask her if there's anything I can do as a fellow human being that might make things easier in this particular moment.
Just me. Others may choose a different path.

No, of course not.. But I would attempt to engage her in conversation, and steer her toward some mental health help... as that's my "way" (and training) when sensing that something is not right...

In any event, I'd sell her 2-3 bullets, in case, you know, the first one doesn't get the job done:eek:. <no, not really>

Ahh revisionism.

Ahh revisionism. The real life memory hole. Rewrite history and it didn't happen. Anyway, I can remember the following being 'effed up'.

The Mayor's apt in the Pearl.
The CHAZ wannabe in the Pearl. lol
Other areas of the Pearl, on multiple nights.
The Federal Building on 3rd.
Multnomah County Bld on 1st.
The historical museum up by the university.
The police union building on the east side.
The Red House (iirc what it was called) neighborhood, again on the east side.
The Democratic party building on the east side.
The ICE building area on 43.

That's just off the top of my head, without a map. Declared riots iirc all. Damage, injuries and arrests. That's not including the destruction up and down downtown of businesses. Or the various marches through areas and their accompanying chaos and damage. Or the fights! LOL! How could I forget the brawls like the one near the convention center!

Anyway, a bit more than 4 or 5 blocks eh?
I seem to remember one time there was a map showing the location of the Portland protests/riots. I'll try and look for it later.

And I believe that facts do not support your belief.

Things may have changed, but back in the last century when my job included presenting counter-terrorism briefings, the accepted definition for terrorist was any person or group that uses violence or the threat of violence to advance a political cause.

Since antifa managed to seriously eff up Portland almost nightly for a couple of years, costing at least one life and millions of bucks for major repairs, they seem a tad more competent than the officials that we expect to protect public safety. In short, if antifa is incompetent, I'd sure hate to see what a competent antifa is capable of doing.
With all due respect, Buttifa is no more than the smallest blackhead on the nose of a terrorist someone with the worst acne you have ever seen.

Calling it a terrorist group seems disrespectful to those who have lost people in real acts of terrorism. Especially in light of what just happened in southern Israel.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top