JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The people in control put all their effort into hundreds of other little projects, costing a lot of money. Bike lanes, various bit of artwork, public transit, extended curbs, traffic calming/slowing etc. They continue to ignore the elephant in the room. Same thing has been happening here in PDX for years. Soccer stadium, fountains, beautification projects, statues and huge art displays. Meanwhile other parts of the city are left to degrade into toilets (door ways of empty buildings in the downtown core), homeless encampments, crumbling buildings (that indecently have state of the art transit and public funded art work right next door), crumbling roads and bridges etc.

What the hell kind of people live in the city of Los Angeles that let the elected officials get away with allowing this crap to build to this point? The same is happening here too. In a short 5-6 mile drive we take to hit Bottle Drop, Bimart, Winco and Costco there are homeless camps along the banks of the 205 near the Gateway transit center that weren't there a couple of weeks ago. The rubbish flows down the hill from the tents. Several smaller open spaces right next to the road have fewer tents, on and off, because the city must route them out. The city cares more about how people FEEL, don't want to hurt peoples FEEEELINGS.

The people in control put all their effort into hundreds of other little projects, costing a lot of money. Bike lanes, various bit of artwork, public transit, extended curbs, traffic calming/slowing etc. They continue to ignore the elephant in the room. Same thing has been happening here in PDX for years. Soccer stadium, fountains, beautification projects, statues and huge art displays. Meanwhile other parts of the city are left to degrade into toilets (door ways of empty buildings in the downtown core), homeless encampments, crumbling buildings (that indecently have state of the art transit and public funded art work right next door), crumbling roads and bridges etc.

What the hell kind of people live in the city of Los Angeles that let the elected officials get away with allowing this crap to build to this point? The same is happening here too. In a short 5-6 mile drive we take to hit Bottle Drop, Bimart, Winco and Costco there are homeless camps along the banks of the 205 near the Gateway transit center that weren't there a couple of weeks ago. The rubbish flows down the hill from the tents. Several smaller open spaces right next to the road have fewer tents, on and off, because the city must route them out. The city cares more about how people FEEL, don't want to hurt peoples FEEEELINGS.
Dare I say it...

These are democrat sh!tholes. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Salem, Portland, Olympia, Seattle...

Honestly, this LA City official contracting a mideval disease, how appropriate. Hope it makes a run through all the leadership of the above mentioned cities!!!

Typhus Epidemic Worsens in Los Angeles

A veteran Los Angeles City Hall official is one of the latest victims of an epidemic of the infectious disease typhus that continues to worsen across LA County.

For months, LA County public health officials have said typhus is mainly hitting the homeless population.

But Deputy City Attorney Liz Greenwood, a veteran prosecutor, tells NBC4 she was diagnosed with typhus in November, after experiencing high fevers and excruciating headaches.

"It felt like somebody was driving railroad stakes through my eyes and out the back of my neck," Greenwood told the I-Team. "Who gets typhus? It's a medieval disease that's caused by trash."

Greenwood believes she contracted typhus from fleas in her office at City Hall East. Fleas often live on rats, which congregate in the many heaps of trash that are visible across the city of LA, and are a breeding ground for typhus.

"There are rats in City Hall and City Hall East," Greenwood added. "There are enormous rats and their tails are as long as their bodies."
There are big rats in LA City Hall and they walk on two legs.

Dare I say it...

These are democrat sh!tholes. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Salem, Portland, Olympia, Seattle...

Honestly, this LA City official contracting a mideval disease, how appropriate. Hope it makes a run through all the leadership of the above mentioned cities!!!

I don't care to make it this side or that side in this case. There's most likely crap hole cities in America that have conservative leaders that don't do their jobs either. The big question is, why aren't the people of LA, and cities like it, marching on City Hall with torches, pitch forks, tar and feathers? WTH?

In the case of the typhus outbreak, if the city/state handled this situation like the do common sense gun safety they'd be attacking the streets with flame throwing tanks and big scoops. Law abiding and innocents be damned!

I don't care to make it this side or that side in this case. There's most likely crap hole cities in America that have conservative leaders that don't do their jobs either. The big question is, why aren't the people of LA, and cities like it, marching on City Hall with torches, pitch forks, tar and feathers? WTH?

In the case of the typhus outbreak, if the city/state handled this situation like the do common sense gun safety they'd be attacking the streets with flame throwing tanks and big scoops. Law abiding and innocents be damned!
"why aren't the people of LA, and cities like it, marching on City Hall"
Because they don't want to get typhus:)

[QUOTE="Mikej, post: 2170992, member: 16179"]The big question is, why aren't the people of LA, and cities like it, marching on City Hall with torches, pitch forks, tar and feathers? WTH?[/QUOTE]
Self absorbed complacency. Same thing that's suffered in Oregon and Washington...

Wondering how long it's going to take for them to blame Trump....
.... then ban more guns, and pass some more gender neutral laws, and ban something working folks like to use! :rolleyes:

Also wondering ...how is it that homeless shelters are always scrambling to get enough volunteers to man soup kitchens etc....yet most of the homeless seem to have plenty of time but no desire to pitch-in to help?

Back in th1950's I would visit my Grandmother in LA. We would ride the streetcars through downtown to the LA Museum, which was one of the finest in the world. Streetcar rides to Barnum and Bailey Circus and often walking several blocks in the less desirable parts of town. Never once was my Grandmother and I threatened, or made to feel uncomfortable. I am 70 years old now and see a country in decline without much chance of recovery. Those of you with more years ahead then behind, I wish you the best.

But, but let's trust LGC folks who endorse all these - diseases, weirded out children who're advised it's ok if want they want to be a girl if they're a boy or vice versa, it's only natural, and yes income inequality should be enforced (meaning, no you don't have to earn what you want, just take it away from someone who has earned it - stealing is noble) and on and on and on.

Further, I don't understand the politicians of california.

Are they blind to what is happening there?

Or, do they like having diseases, bums galore, illegal alien criminals, welfare cheats and the state turned into a filth whole that would embarrass a third world country?

All for illegal alien votes for dem/commies?

Really, is that a big enough payoff for these criminally insane politicians...?

I was raised in L.A. County and lived there from 1952 to 1973. It was great early on but then greatly deteriorated by 1970. Nowadays I can't bear the thought of visiting the area.

Lived in Huntington Beach from 1973 to 1978 and we had recurring flea epidemics... had to do flea bombs all the time. IDK. Was it the sand? Was it the warmth? Wetness? Other areas that have the same conditions don't have fleas. However, the city didn't allow bums or heaps of trash and therefore had no flea-borne diseases. Today, the homeless camps in Orange County are legendary (Youtube and Facebook vids). Orange County (John Wayne country) recently flipped over politically, so there's that...

Back in th1950's I would visit my Grandmother in LA. We would ride the streetcars through downtown to the LA Museum, which was one of the finest in the world. Streetcar rides to Barnum and Bailey Circus and often walking several blocks in the less desirable parts of town. Never once was my Grandmother and I threatened, or made to feel uncomfortable. I am 70 years old now and see a country in decline without much chance of recovery. Those of you with more years ahead then behind, I wish you the best.
I used to look forward to the future and really anticipated growing my business and enjoying the fruits of my labor. Now I can't stand thinking about the present and the future makes me shudder. I wish often I was born far earlier than I was. Society sucks and sadly there is no going back to "the way it was" .:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top