Flea-borne Typhus in Los Angeles area

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by ATCclears, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears
    North of Seattle
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Rampant homelessness with drugged out or mentally ill people crapping and pizzing in the streets, being a sanctuary state where illegal aliens running about (doing whatever it is they do)... big shocker that diseases you rarely (if ever) heard about are breaking out again..... NOT! o_O

Keep voting for one party rule!!! YAY!!! :s0132::s0115:

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Capn Jack, orygun, Taco_lean and 9 others like this.
  3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland
    Sniper Bird! (What Retch Sweeney would say) Bronze Supporter

little know fact, the typhus organism can be killed by fire

lol, no idea dinclick

4. revjen45

revjen45
    Snohomish County

Please excuse me if I am engulfed by Schadenfreude. The LA Bolsheviks import legions of larval Democrats from places rampant with diseases that have eradicated in civilized countries and then wonder why-oh-why they are seeing these "new" pathogens popping up here in 'Mur'ka. It's a good bet that typhus is just the preview of coming attractions. Guttersnipes (I refuse to use the ennobling term "homeless person." Uentermenschen works too.) dropping a log wherever they happen to be at the time is a good way to introduce coliform bacteria into the equation, plus all the various diseases that are spread by contact and breathing.
    Oh, and BTW in today's news it is revealed that the DPRK is registering illegal aliens to vote. (I don't care if they like it or not. I also refuse to call them "undocumented immigrants".) I wonder how many register as (R).
    Coming soon to WA too.

bbbass, Capn Jack, Taco_lean and 3 others like this.
  5. teflon97239

teflon97239
    Portland, OR area

I'm no epidemiologist (though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once). But I would guess Portland and Seattle are squarely in the cross-hairs for the same sort of squalor-borne disease to spread here.

Who knows? Perhaps our cooler, wetter winter might delay an immediate explosion of flea infestation like in the LA Valley until next summer?

Temporary NW urban area campsites of past decades have evolved into semi-permanent villages. City block-long heaps of fast-food trash and human (and animal) waste are perfect breeding grounds for massive populations of disease infested rats to multiply unchecked.

Sadly, discarded/disabled/mentally ill US military Veterans make up a huge segment of this demographic. Meanwhile, media attention remains focused (speaking of garbage) on the likes of Amy and Chuck Schumer, and the Kardashians. F_ing tragic.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    bbbass, Flymph, usausausa and 3 others like this.
  6. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint
    Portland

feces, hypodermics, mentally ill homeless, shooting galleries in the sanctuary city streets & Typhus at the point of entry leaves west coast politicians scratching their heads looking for the common denominator.
    and the answer is .......genius lefty west coast politicians

bbbass, Capn Jack, Taco_lean and 4 others like this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!

Nature’s disinfectant!! ;)

Capn Jack, titsonritz and Certaindeaf like this.
  8. LuckySG

LuckySG
    Banks, Oregon
    Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks, OR Supporting Vendor 2018 Volunteer

Is this a hint for me to stock the flamethrowers again? They have many practical uses.

girl_flamethrower.png

9. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!

Hiding my damned wallet..... AGAIN!! o_O

It’ll be Tikka Time soon enough!! ;)

10. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

It has been a while since I've been down in Los Angeles. If I never visit there again, I would be just fine with that. And now a Typhus epidemic? Yeesh. :rolleyes:

bbbass and Capn Jack like this.
  11. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Same

Same

LuckySG and Stomper like this.
  12. Tomahawk67

Tomahawk67
    SW Idaho

The flea typhus goes nicely with their rat scabies. It's a matching pair.

6Corsa6, bbbass, Capn Jack and 2 others like this.
  13. ATCclears

ATCclears
    North of Seattle

14. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Hopefully it will end up in the state capitol buildings, affecting everyone there.

bbbass and Capn Jack like this.
  15. orygun

orygun
    West Linn
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I think they should give it a shot.

Certaindeaf and bbbass like this.
  16. bbbass

bbbass
    La Grande

Soon to appear in local theaters:

"What diseases are associated with poor sanitation? Human excreta have been implicated in the transmission of many infectious diseases including cholera, typhoid, infectious hepatitis, polio, cryptosporidiosis, and ascariasis."

17. orygun

orygun
    West Linn
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Wasn't public "sewage" part of the reason for the Bubonic Plague?

18. revjen45

revjen45
    Snohomish County

1) I too am not an epidemiologist, but I too can pontificate about subjects I know little or nothing about as much as anybody else. :D
    Bubonic Plague is not directly related to the presence of sewage in the environment like the diseases in Post #16. It is transmitted by fleas that are typically carried by rats.
    2) The Bum Ranches (not "homeless encampments") are spreading in the Democrats' fountains of compassion. We go by the Rescue Mission in Everett at times and note the instant mini-slum of tents, bicycles, shopping carts, and last but not least the bums themselves, that has taken root and metastasizes around it. It used to be that the Mission turned them out at daybreak and they couldn't come back before 1700 or so. Now there is a permanent presence all day. I'm sure the businesses in that area are just delighted.
    3) Post #3 above : "little know fact, the typhus organism can be killed by fire" I saw a documentary about lives of the street bums in some Central American country. The bums lived in the sewers, huffed shoe repair glue as the cheap intoxicant of choice, and generally were a public nuisance/threat. The local vigilantes/death squads would pour gasoline down the manholes followed by a source of ignition. Hmm - now I understand why: typhus eradication.