JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a lot of misunderstanding here of what a background check is and what it means.

It is approval for a particular firearm(s) to be transferred to a person who is not prohibited from possessing it.

It does not specify why the transfer takes place. It could be for sale or temporary possession, like loaning a gun for personal defense.

A BGC transfer that is not completed the same day requires a signature the day the transfer occurs. It is not complete until that signature and the transfer happens.

If a BCG is approved, the transferee does not have to take possession. In that case the transfer did not occur.

BGC documentation is not a record of ownership. A buyer should get a receipt from the seller for that.

Maybe the guy flaked because he needed the gun right away? It could be that what happened was for the best.

At the beginning what came to mind was maybe they guy was uneasy about the buy for a couple of possible reasons. Not a true "Flake" but his better judgement got the best of him and he backed out. Not cool, but not necessarily a dirt "Dirt Bag" move either. No blood loss. Nobody's been ripped off. Just some time wasted. And the guy probably feels like crap for backing out.

Well that's a store policy. Not law.
You are probably correct. But they made me feel like I was a criminal selling a gun also I feel was rather preachy about it. I have other guns I would like to sell but don't want to deal with the BS. I sold some others though another member on here and it was kinda a pain in the butt also since to meet with him was a 3+ hour drive. basically the lefts universal BGC system is working. By the time I die my son will have somewhere around 300 guns to deal with. By then I won't care what happens to them.

You are probably correct. But they made me feel like I was a criminal selling a gun also I feel was rather preachy about it. I have other guns I would like to sell but don't want to deal with the BS. I sold some others though another member on here and it was kinda a pain in the butt also since to meet with him was a 3+ hour drive. basically the lefts universal BGC system is working. By the time I die my son will have somewhere around 300 guns to deal with. By then I won't care what happens to them.
I have done one transfer at fisher marine in Oregon city and will never go back. The guys were super rude. I was selling to a Hispanic guy who was not a citizen but was here legally and had all the proper paperwork to own a firearm. They made the guy feel like he was lower than dirt and shouldn't be allowed to own firearms. I apologized for them and I covered the background and transfer fee. I will never do a transfer there again. There are plenty of $hitty people out there who think they stand above others. That doesn't fly in my book. I'd gladly sell to that gentleman again.

We've gone around and around with this before.

The FFL never takes, or should never have to take possession of the firearm when both parties (seller & buyer) are present. It simply is not necessary, regardless of how long the BGC takes. Most FFLs do not want the hassle of storing a bunch of firearms while the parties wait for the BGC to complete.
[/QUO

Hey guys . Go to TIGARD PAWN ,OR CUT ABOVE PAWN in aloha , they are close to portland .and TICK LICKERS if your in salem erea .They Are Pro,s and respectfull & work like clock work . I went their and was impressed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top