JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does this really work?
You dummies are ALL amateurs…. 1faf5.png

It was a spring loaded center-punch.
Yes and yes. Automobile side windows are no impediment to an experienced dobad.

Training films I watched in the late 70s showed cons who volunteered to demonstrate their skills with a small chunk of spark plug ceramic and a spring loaded center punch. Very quick and effective, even spectacular.

Yes and yes. Automobile side windows are no impediment to an experienced dobad.

Training films I watched in the late 70s showed cons who volunteered to demonstrate their skills with a small chunk of spark plug ceramic and a spring loaded center punch. Very quick and effective, even spectacular.
I've seen the hat trick. It was usually aimed at the old wing window. Quick and quiet.

Are you suggesting that garden gnomes migrate...? :D
Andy
Not at all. It could be carried.

What, a swallow carrying a garden gnome?

It could grip it by the nuts.

It's not a question of where he grips it. It's a simple question of weight ratios. A 5 oz bird cannot carry a 1 pound garden gnome.

It would be my best guess that someone was trying to break in and got distracted or scared off too. Have seen video of scum working windows on the edge till they break like that. They were doing it to look like they were not breaking in. Trying to look like they were looking for something or just standing outside the car smoking or such. Would slowly work an edge until the glass gives.

I've seen where thieves try to pry on the edges of "frameless" auto glass and the results look like what you have there.
It's amazing just how much stress a window of tempered glass will endure before it shatters. It's pretty flexible. On the other hand, my old Ford station wagon has a rolling tailgate glass that I've replaced three (3) times in about 30 years. One time from unknown causes, but twice it was just spontaneous breakage. I can only guess from a build-up of stress. Years ago, I junked out four other similar vehicles; I've only got one tailgate glass left now.

Someone could have simply popped it with a window breaker too, just to be destructive. That wouldn't leave a trace. You might want to check with your neighbors if any of them have cameras and see if they caught anything.

Sorry about the window. I hate crap and people like this. Woke up one night about 10 years ago to a punk kid and his girlfriend bashing the rear window on my truck with a shovel. I saw him do it from the house but couldn't get my damn shoes on in time to catch the little A Hole. Which is probably for the best. I was pissed.

51KSMwMwWJL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads