JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my 1st Glock recently. Kinda disappointed because its hard to love. It shoots great, no problems, best double action trigger ever but I never pick it up just to admire it, heft it or just enjoy having it in my hand. Just not bonding. It's a 21 and laying beside a 1911 the 1911 always get attention.

I understand the looks factor but they do shoot so nice to the point when i go shoot now they are usually all i bring with me. Con grads on the new gun btw dont hate it cause it isn't as pretty as the 1911

I used to feel that way, but my Glocks have started to grow on me. They may not be the prettiest, but hard to fault them as a tool. Now when it comes to beauty, nothing beats the 1911 IMO. I own three Colt 1911's in different sizes that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I think the compact Glocks are the best looking and the subs are ok but the full size are just ugly. I love my G23 Gen4 and I did the 25 cent polish job on it. I did manage to get my new RSA (Recoil Spring Assembly) from Glock but to be fair, after 500 rounds I had no issues with the RSA that came with the pistol when I bought it new, but I still put in the new RSA. Look at a Glock like this..... you can be married to a model, but she is lazy, she lies, she does stuff behind your back, doesn't work or pull her weight around the house. You get married to an average person who is loyal, takes care of you, never lies, does your laundry etc. lol. A Glock has history, it is like the AK47 of pistols, parts are easy to fine and plenty..... even aftermarket. I am a Glock man..... but that does not mean I don't enjoy other pistols, but I never have a doubt in my mind when I carry my Glock.
When and if the time comes for us to start burying our guns..... I will not worry if my Glock is gonna wrok when I dig it back up. I paid $455 for my Gen4, 3 mags, and factory night sights..... can't beat that.

I guess Glock pistols will never win a beauty contest but they sure get the job done. I have owned several different Glocks and by far my favorite is the G23.
Although 1911's are beautiful looking pistols given the choice to carry i will always go for a G23 or G30.

If you want to enjoy the looks of your Glock more i advise you to buy a Hi-Point pistol, Set the Glock and the Hi-Point side by side and i assure you the ugliness of the Hi-Point will make the Glock look like a piece of art!

No one looks at a glock for the first time and thinks its sexy. Quite the opposite happens with me but...the blocky slide in the standard matted black grew one quick. The odd grip angle is also hard to understand but once you spend sometime with tese guns you'll realized forms follows function in their inception. I grew to appreciate the looks and feel of a glock. It's never going to have the classic look and feel if the 1911 but I love them both.

Got my 1st Glock recently. Kinda disappointed because its hard to love. It shoots great, no problems, best double action trigger ever but I never pick it up just to admire it, heft it or just enjoy having it in my hand. Just not bonding. It's a 21 and laying beside a 1911 the 1911 always get attention.
First Glock

Oh you poor thing!!

Glocks aren't meant to be admired and fondled .They are meant to be TOOLS,nothing more.
That said I love my G20 (same frame as your 21).It puts some seroius fire power down range.
That's all I care about

But I must disagree with DinhRose.Start shooting the 20 at 150 yards and hit bubblegum with it? That's pretty sexy to me

Come on,where is all the glock haters with the funny stuff?

i have both the g23 and 1911 and they are both nice looking to me but i will always carry the glock to protect myself and family since it always fires when i pull the trigger and its not like having a brick in your holster.
its always clean after firing it,holds twice the capacity of my 1911 so in a gun fight those extra 6 rounds make that glock pretty sexy!

My first gun was a 3rd Gen Glock 21SF. I still have it and only tried to sell it once but the memories and bond would not allow for it. I love my Glock especially with the Lazermax on the rail. Then there's that other .45, the Remington 1911 with black pearl grips that is hunkier brother to the Glock in my stash.

I have a G17 and a G22. I love the way they look. I love the way they shoot. I love the way they feel in my hand. I may be getting a G23 before the end of the year.... I don't think you can compare the looks of a 1911 and a glock. That's like saying a fuji apple is prettier than a navel orange.... You just can't compare the two for looks.

I have a G17 and a G22. I love the way they look. I love the way they shoot. I love the way they feel in my hand. I may be getting a G23 before the end of the year.... I don't think you can compare the looks of a 1911 and a glock. That's like saying a fuji apple is prettier than a navel orange.... You just can't compare the two for looks.

You're saying I can't contrast Beyonce against Rosie O'Donnell because they are so different?

That's laughable. Yes one can compare the ergonomic marvel that is the 1911 against the ergonomic disaster that is the Glock.

If you want to pretty it up, hard chrome the slide and barrel.

Glock3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR