JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The funniest quote I've read on these forums in awhile is a 1911 guy saying the first time he sighted in a G21 it was like looking down the deck of an aircraft carrier!
:s0114:

I really, really, like Glocks, and the G36 grip isn't any thicker than any other single-stack .45. If somebody doesn't like the ergonomics, fine, don't carry one, but making blanket statements about how bad (or good) the Glock ergo is makes no sense. All you know is your own preference - what fits your hand.

Personally, a pretty 1911 is about as useful to me as t*ts on a bull. I guess I just don't get invited to BBQ's that often. I'll leave it at that.;)

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I think my Steyr S9 is a comely sidearm. Besides that, it works every time and feels good in the hand of everyone who holds it. I find the Tokarev 33 to be quite foxy too - machined steel, loud and powerful. Loud and powerful is fun whether it is guns, motorcycles, or cars.

Got my 1st Glock recently. Kinda disappointed because its hard to love. It shoots great, no problems, best double action trigger ever but I never pick it up just to admire it, heft it or just enjoy having it in my hand. Just not bonding. It's a 21 and laying beside a 1911 the 1911 always get attention.

Good, you won't need a tissue when you are done "fondling it":s0155:

If you want to pretty it up, hard chrome the slide and barrel.

Glock3.jpg

nice but i like the EXO better..

DSCN6692.jpg

You're saying I can't contrast Beyonce against Rosie O'Donnell because they are so different?

That's laughable. Yes one can compare the ergonomic marvel that is the 1911 against the ergonomic disaster that is the Glock.

It's all personal preference. I don't hate the 1911, I actually like it a lot. I may even own one someday.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top