JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys! Just finished putting together my first AR today! Bought a complete upper and built the lower. Rifle now needs a light and iron sights, will prob wait a while on optics. Super excited about finally having an AR!

20140510_154435_resized (1).jpg

Thanks! Took a long time to decide on parts, but well worth it. There are a few parts I want to change already but priority for now is ammo and shoot, shoot, shoot. I am really excited about learning about the platform even more.

Ah the liquid sustenance. Needed some help relaxing after losing (and later finding) 2 springs and two detents while assembling the lower..it was a learning experience to say the least lol.

I like the set up. But why change out parts just build another AR... says the guy with 5 ARs in my safe. Haha. It becomes an addiction. Ask anyone who builds there 1st AR then shoots it. Brownelles or midway or amazon have AR dent tools. Well worth the 5 dollers and you won't launch springs or detents. Good luck with your next build. ;)

The best suggestion I received when planning my build was to decide on the tasks that you will use the rifle for, and from there decide on parts. AR parts are just like any other purchase, if you look around you can find some good prices. I went with a complete DD upper because IMHO I could not find a better upper for the price. I tried to be frugal with the rest of the build, as the upper is where the money should be spent (barrel & BCG). I went with a Noveske lower because I wanted the Oregon stamp on the side :D. All in all I would say do as much research as you can on the parts you are purchasing so there are minimal regrets. It took me about 7-8 months of research and saving to put that guy together...but I now have the exact set-up that I really wanted.

very nice! My rifle is still months away from completion lol. In fact it hasn't made a stitch of progress since my last build thread update... Just waiting for extra money and sales... Not in any rush to build it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top