Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

First AR..completed today!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by pizmugen86, May 10, 2014.

1. pizmugen86

pizmugen86 Linn County Member

Hey guys! Just finished putting together my first AR today! Bought a complete upper and built the lower. Rifle now needs a light and iron sights, will prob wait a while on optics. Super excited about finally having an AR!

20140510_154435_resized (1).jpg

v0lcom13sn0w, SPQRR, Mr Smith and 5 others like this.
  2. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

And so it begins!!

Good job !!

3. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

Very nice. Quality components. Job well done!

4. pizmugen86

Thanks! Took a long time to decide on parts, but well worth it. There are a few parts I want to change already but priority for now is ammo and shoot, shoot, shoot. I am really excited about learning about the platform even more.

5. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

congrats on your build , now is the time to do it everything is as cheap as it is going to get. That beer sure looks's good too:cool:

6. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

Good eyes. I missed that and had to go back and look for it.

mjbskwim likes this.
  7. pizmugen86

Ah the liquid sustenance. Needed some help relaxing after losing (and later finding) 2 springs and two detents while assembling the lower..it was a learning experience to say the least lol.

8. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I built my first one last year. Congrats! Welcome to the party, pal.

Brutus Out

9. SmokinGun

SmokinGun TIGARD, OR Member

I like the set up. But why change out parts just build another AR... says the guy with 5 ARs in my safe. Haha. It becomes an addiction. Ask anyone who builds there 1st AR then shoots it. Brownelles or midway or amazon have AR dent tools. Well worth the 5 dollers and you won't launch springs or detents. Good luck with your next build. ;)

10. pizmugen86

Thanks everyone..I'm really excited! And yes...I was actually thinking .300 BO 18" hunting AR while I was building the lower....argggh :D.

11. John.true

John.true West Linn, Oregon New Member

Hey man great job I am looking at doing the same thing if you don't mind pointing towards some good parts I would be very grateful it's really a beautiful job let us know how she fires

12. pizmugen86

The best suggestion I received when planning my build was to decide on the tasks that you will use the rifle for, and from there decide on parts. AR parts are just like any other purchase, if you look around you can find some good prices. I went with a complete DD upper because IMHO I could not find a better upper for the price. I tried to be frugal with the rest of the build, as the upper is where the money should be spent (barrel & BCG). I went with a Noveske lower because I wanted the Oregon stamp on the side :D. All in all I would say do as much research as you can on the parts you are purchasing so there are minimal regrets. It took me about 7-8 months of research and saving to put that guy together...but I now have the exact set-up that I really wanted.

13. John.true

John.true West Linn, Oregon New Member

Thanks man I will be doing lots of research and let you all know how it's going

14. Mr Smith

Mr Smith 54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73 Active Member

very nice! My rifle is still months away from completion lol. In fact it hasn't made a stitch of progress since my last build thread update... Just waiting for extra money and sales... Not in any rush to build it.

15. pizmugen86

link to build thread?

16. Mr Smith

Mr Smith 54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73 Active Member

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/ar-15-zombie-build.164436/

Nowhere near completion lol

Just the lower, lower parts kit minus fire control group and buffer/stock. (I don't plan on keeping that grip either) and the hand guard because I got a very good deal on it that I couldn't pass up.

17. pizmugen86

oh sweet! I was looking at getting that same lower before getting the Noveske. Sweet build so far!!

18. Coolhandluke

Coolhandluke Port Ludlow, WA Member

Note the tactical Corona, fine choice sir

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  19. pizmugen86

haha tactical Corona... I like it :cool: