JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I honestly wasn't much of an adult at 19. I honestly didn't really consider myself a real adult until we decided to have our son. I was 31 when that happened. In the brief time he has been around, I've realized I really didn't know a whole lot about life and responsibility.

19 year olds in my eyes, not the legal terms, are not adults. Sure some can be extremely full of life experiences and seem extremely old.

Combine that inexperienced life with the ease of political policies to live a life with no consequences, yes these 19 year olds are children in my opinion. Sure, there are exceptions to this rule, but these numbers do show something. That this culture, the one of inner cities with horrible political policies, makes for legal adult aged children.
Let's change voting, smoking, military service and gun ownership to 21.

From the CDC:

In 2020, 607 child passengers* ages 12 and younger were killed in motor vehicle crashes in the United States,1​ and more than 63,000 were injured.2​ Of the children who were killed in a crash, 38%†​ were not buckled up.1​ Parents and caregivers can make a lifesaving difference by ensuring that their children are properly buckled on every trip.

From that data, I can conclude that a child is considered anyone 12 years old and younger....
Legally a child is anyone under the age of 18 but mentally you don't really get yourself together until you are in your 20's.

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States, but rank no higher than fifth in 11 other large and wealthy countries.

Guns – including accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides – killed 4,357 children (ages 1-19 years old) in the United States in 2020, or roughly 5.6 per 100,000 children.

What do you think the up tic if from? I think it's Mostly suicides and just the tool that they use so a mental health problem maybe. What you guys think?
That's propaganda, plain and simple.

I honestly wasn't much of an adult at 19. I honestly didn't really consider myself a real adult until we decided to have our son. I was 31 when that happened. In the brief time he has been around, I've realized I really didn't know a whole lot about life and responsibility.

19 year olds in my eyes, not the legal terms, are not adults. Sure some can be extremely full of life experiences and seem extremely old.

Combine that inexperienced life with the ease of political policies to live a life with no consequences, yes these 19 year olds are children in my opinion. Sure, there are exceptions to this rule, but these numbers do show something. That this culture, the one of inner cities with horrible political policies, makes for legal adult aged children.
this is why I brought this up as a father This concerns me not that I think the gun should just go away I just want to know the facts and what we should do to vote to prevent stuff like this and how we should teach our children. There's definitely a battle going on right now between good and bad in this country.

Critical thinking and open conversations

this is why I brought this up as a father This concerns me not that I think the gun should just go away I just want to know the facts and what we should do to vote to prevent stuff like this and how we should teach our children. There's definitely a battle going on right now between good and bad in this country.
The fact is that you can prove anything with statistics. Right off the bat, your post smells fishy.

Lol, I was a highly responsible M60 machine gunner at 18-19 years old.

Let's change voting, smoking, military service and gun ownership to 21.
Honestly, if backed in neurological science and not political nonsense, I think I'd back it and so would lots of others.

I do get bored with both sides of the political spectrum arguing for one or the other (raise or lower)

It's likely not going to do much as the culture still exists. I'm not sure how to fix culture if even really possible. Without sounding completely racist, black on black crime and murder shows a much bigger issue with their culture and it's clash with the rest of American cultures than a gun issue? I don't know that answer, but having an open ear and not not listening has broadened my views a lot. Black culture is battling (maybe) white culture? I don't know if that's really what all this is. Or we just abandon them and call them all criminals as they refuse to pull themselves up to our standards of living? There are so many questions I have that go unanswered because by asking these questions you almost always get labeled racist and are removed from the conversation.

Honestly, if backed in neurological science and not political nonsense, I think I'd back it and so would lots of others.

I do get bored with both sides of the political spectrum arguing for one or the other (raise or lower)

It's likely not going to do much as the culture still exists. I'm not sure how to fix culture if even really possible. Without sounding completely racist, black on black crime and murder shows a much bigger issue with their culture and it's clash with the rest of American cultures than a gun issue? I don't know that answer, but having an open ear and not not listening has broadened my views a lot. Black culture is battling (maybe) white culture? I don't know if that's really what all this is. Or we just abandon them and call them all criminals as they refuse to pull themselves up to our standards of living? There are so many questions I have that go unanswered because by asking these questions you almost always get labeled racist and are removed from the conversation.
They're not criminals if they're turning their life around.

Lol, I was a highly responsible M60 machine gunner at 18-19 years old.
Or were you just a kid with a machine gun like the kids with machine guns in the YouTube videos?

Except in one case the government gave one kid permission to kill, and in the other they likely didn't and it scares them like no other.

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States, but rank no higher than fifth in 11 other large and wealthy countries.
False - we have the highest mortality rate per 100,000 people when compared to other countries.

China has a billion people to out 330,000,000 so it's not apples to apples.

Also there is not list of what other death percentages are - I'd wager drug overdose is far higher then 5.6 per 100k.

Reading comprehension is critical.

Whole thread was doomed from the start.

Here's some critical thinking for you.

You cannot vote in, nor legislate other peoples' morality, no matter how hard you try.

False - we have the highest mortality rate per 100,000 people when compared to other countries.

China has a billion people to out 330,000,000 so it's not apples to apples.

Also there is not list of what other death percentages are - I'd wager drug overdose is far higher then 5.6 per 100k.

Reading comprehension is critical.

Whole thread was doomed from the start.
Maybe but it's a legitimate topic

So now it's about the vote but you're not trolling, oh no, not you. How about who is raising the children and teaching resposability and values? Not just you but across the country particularly in the cities. Grand Theft Auto makes a piss pour babysitter, let talk about that for awhile.

So now it's about the vote but you're not trolling, oh no, not you. How about who is raising the children and teaching resposability and values? Not just you but across the country particularly in the cities. Grand Theft Auto makes a piss pour babysitter, let talk about that for awhile.
Definitely part of it isn't it the Destruction of the family circle

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews