JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States, but rank no higher than fifth in 11 other large and wealthy countries.

Guns – including accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides – killed 4,357 children (ages 1-19 years old) in the United States in 2020, or roughly 5.6 per 100,000 children.

What do you think the up tic if from? I think it's Mostly suicides and just the tool that they use so a mental health problem maybe. What you guys think?

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States, but rank no higher than fifth in 11 other large and wealthy countries.

Guns – including accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides – killed 4,357 children (ages 1-19 years old) in the United States in 2020, or roughly 5.6 per 100,000 children.

What do you think the up tic if from? I think it's Mostly suicides and just the tool that they use so a mental health problem maybe. What you guys think?
I'm curious how skewed the statistics are by including nineteen year olds. Also, I'm interested in removing gang shooting deaths from the statistics. I'll bet those numbers plummet.

Post sources that are from reputable non biased organizations?

Otherwise this thread should be fun!

:s0093:

Could be, but by including nineteen year olds, I know it's already skewed.
I knew that that would be the typical response, that's why I posted what I posted.

Sometimes, even those here, struggle to see the full truth through all the crap out there.

So knowing the NWFA way, it wouldn't hurt to try and let the person explain it as they see it.

If not, I get it, some OPs rarely return to these threads and it could very well be a troll fishing for division.

Beats me these days. Just trying not to come out guns a blazing anymore.

Not pull one of these in an intro? :s0140:
Could be a parent just trying to make sense of it all. I'd understand that. Especially if that person was a parent and lived somewhere in east Portland.

If you'd dig a little deeper than the hookline-tagline that's designed to already wind up one's emotions before even reading it, you'll find that BS statistic includes "children" up to the age of NINETEEN. Care to guess what age bracket the vast, VAST majority of "gun deaths" is? I'll tell you… 15-19 years old. Care to guess what activities they're engaged in when they get popped? I'll tell you…. doing gangsta sheite.

What's the cause? Idiots who can't keep their legs closed, or at least use ABUNDANTLY available birth control who squirt out umpteen kids and then let them run feral, then those feral kids subsequently have kids who then emulate the freakiness of those already feral parents, and they become more vicious with each successive generation. LBJ was spot on when he said he'd have a certain demographic group voting democrat for the next 100 years.

NEXT QUESTION?!

Last Edited:
You can rationalize all you want but to me the original post post smacked of a variation of the same old " guns are a problem lets talk about it".

I knew that that would be the typical response, that's why I posted what I posted.

Sometimes, even those here, struggle to see the full truth through all the crap out there.

So knowing the NWFA way, it wouldn't hurt to try and let the person explain it as they see it.

If not, I get it, some OPs rarely return to these threads and it could very well be a troll fishing for division.

Beats me these days. Just trying not to come out guns a blazing anymore.
Not trolling Trying to have a legitimate conversation about it And if it's true?
The problem is a lot of these companies skew the resources or the information to edit their narrative so but what if it is true?

Not trolling Trying to have a legitimate conversation about it And if it's true?
Ok. Stick around and show us. Otherwise things will turn into what they always turn into here. Nothing close to a legitimate conversation.

That number is .0056%. I bet a large sum of money if you adjust those numbers for gang violence, the adjusted number is more in line with accidents of all kinds.

Whenever the propaganda machine wants to target a group of people, they tranche the data in one way. And when they want to protect a group of people, they tranche the data in another way.

For one thing, comparing the United States, which is a giant polyglot, to tiny homogenous countries ("wealthy developed nations") with the population of Colorado is bad science.

Source

15940CCB-2F90-4910-A32A-B70DBF47EF25.png

From the CDC:

In 2020, 607 child passengers* ages 12 and younger were killed in motor vehicle crashes in the United States,1​ and more than 63,000 were injured.2​ Of the children who were killed in a crash, 38%†​ were not buckled up.1​ Parents and caregivers can make a lifesaving difference by ensuring that their children are properly buckled on every trip.

From that data, I can conclude that a child is considered anyone 12 years old and younger....

Any thoughts on why nineteen year olds are included in the "kids "group?
I honestly wasn't much of an adult at 19. I honestly didn't really consider myself a real adult until we decided to have our son. I was 31 when that happened. In the brief time he has been around, I've realized I really didn't know a whole lot about life and responsibility.

19 year olds in my eyes, not the legal terms, are not adults. Sure some can be extremely full of life experiences and seem extremely old.

Combine that inexperienced life with the ease of political policies to live a life with no consequences, yes these 19 year olds are children in my opinion. Sure, there are exceptions to this rule, but these numbers do show something. That this culture, the one of inner cities with horrible political policies, makes for legal adult aged children.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top