JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite is unwanted trades. When I say "no trades".. that's what I mean. No trades.

I've just started consigning things at another LGS that has an actual storefront. I will take the hit on those, but I don't have to have to hassle with time wasters anymore.
This right here ☝️

Everytime I sale something, regardless of what it is, I get several "would you consider a trade for..."

No, no I won't consider a trade that's why I put "not interested in trades" in the darn classified/ad.

I once had someone ask me if I wanted to trade my Mesa boogie guitar Amp I had for sale at $1800 for some old jet ski. 😆 naw that's a hard pass bro but I will trade it for cash money...

My favorite is unwanted trades. When I say "no trades".. that's what I mean. No trades.

I've just started consigning things at another LGS that has an actual storefront. I will take the hit on those, but I don't have to have to hassle with time wasters anymore.
I don't have that problem cause I will always listen to a trade offer. It's easy to say no thanks. I have gotten some VERY good trades on things I really wanted cash out of, things I would have never dreamed of getting in a trade. Likewise, I've offered things with much higher value, in trade for things I really wanted and just didn't have cash for. But I refrain from sending offers if someone goes out of their way to say no trades.

This right here ☝️

Everytime I sale something, regardless of what it is, I get several "would you consider a trade for..."

No, no I won't consider a trade that's why I put "not interested in trades" in the darn classified/ad.

I once had someone ask me if I wanted to trade my Mesa boogie guitar Amp I had for sale at $1800 for some old jet ski. 😆 naw that's a hard pass bro but I will trade it for cash money...
But it's in great shape, for it's age.

There are some very good handguns being sold inexpensively by the manufacturers currently. You can get a new CZ P10C for $300 or a Beretta APX after rebate for the same price, there are others.
It is a buyer's market for polymer 9mm pistols at the moment, especially when you factor in the last few years of inflation. Hard for someone selling a used handgun to compete with those low prices from the manufacturers unless they accept a loss.

Glock 19, 9mm for sale, 3 mags brand new

"What caliber is it???"
"How many mags??"
"Round count????"

Read the damn ad you insufferable asshats :mad:

I agree with the initial OP's comments re: lack of pictures and/or low quality pictures.

I have always believed that the market will tell you if your pricing is correct, but my peeve is when you post something for $500 and someone asks if you'll take $450 and cover shipping! Some people will consistantly try to lowball the price no matter what it is. I will NEVER put OBO in an ad because that item will then never sell for my asking price. I have some nice quality builds with named manufacturers and try to make the nice. But if people want to pay only a little I hear that Anderson makes some really inexpensive receiver sets! If you only want to pay $500 and the ad says $900 please don't waste our time.
No trades means no trades. You can offer but can be ignored too. OK, I'm done now

I agree with the initial OP's comments re: lack of pictures and/or low quality pictures.

I have always believed that the market will tell you if your pricing is correct, but my peeve is when you post something for $500 and someone asks if you'll take $450 and cover shipping! Some people will consistantly try to lowball the price no matter what it is. I will NEVER put OBO in an ad because that item will then never sell for my asking price. I have some nice quality builds with named manufacturers and try to make the nice. But if people want to pay only a little I hear that Anderson makes some really inexpensive receiver sets! If you only want to pay $500 and the ad says $900 please don't waste our time.
No trades means no trades. You can offer but can be ignored too. OK, I'm done now
You could avoid being offended with offers.

"Thank you for the offer. however, I will pass."

The quality of mercy is twice blessed.

There are some very good handguns being sold inexpensively by the manufacturers currently. You can get a new CZ P10C for $300 or a Beretta APX after rebate for the same price, there are others.
It is a buyer's market for polymer 9mm pistols at the moment, especially when you factor in the last few years of inflation. Hard for someone selling a used handgun to compete with those low prices from the manufacturers unless they accept a loss.
BudsGunShop beats most of the crazy private seller prices and FREE SHIPPING on many new firearms. Ammo is priced good as well.

Years back there was an ad on ifish for a Remington 870 Express shotgun.......with no pictures in the listing and a very fair price of $175.

So, of course, someone asked for pictures. The OP responded publicly "Close your eyes and make a mental image of every 870 Express ever made. That is what it looks like."

It sold that day.

-E-

make the nice
1694214737361.jpeg

I make the very nice!

I personally make sure to take good quality pictures, as i have found the small intestmeant in time to do so REALLY makes a difference when trying to sell such things online. Helps that I have a professional photography background though too i suppose ;-). Guns are one thing, but what drives me nuts is houses listed for sale, with TERRIBLE pictures. Peruse through Zillow or Redfin, and you will see probably pretty nice houses, but the old school stuck in their ways realtor takes their old Polaroid camera and snaps some grainy photos of areas no one wants to see. Makes a HUGE difference in realty. Of course having said that, the current house we are living in we bought in 2012, and it sat and sat on the market due partially to horrible photos ( i mean horrible) so no one was looking at it. I drove by thinking ok will check it out cause good area and on acerage, but expecting a train wreck. What I found was AMAZING house and property, jsut sitting there cause everyone shopping online thought it was a dump. Scored a crazy good deal on it- i mean it would make you cry how cheap we got it for. A large part of that was the photos . . .

I personally make sure to take good quality pictures, as i have found the small intestmeant in time to do so REALLY makes a difference when trying to sell such things online. Helps that I have a professional photography background though too i suppose ;-). Guns are one thing, but what drives me nuts is houses listed for sale, with TERRIBLE pictures. Peruse through Zillow or Redfin, and you will see probably pretty nice houses, but the old school stuck in their ways realtor takes their old Polaroid camera and snaps some grainy photos of areas no one wants to see. Makes a HUGE difference in realty. Of course having said that, the current house we are living in we bought in 2012, and it sat and sat on the market due partially to horrible photos ( i mean horrible) so no one was looking at it. I drove by thinking ok will check it out cause good area and on acerage, but expecting a train wreck. What I found was AMAZING house and property, jsut sitting there cause everyone shopping online thought it was a dump. Scored a crazy good deal on it- i mean it would make you cry how cheap we got it for. A large part of that was the photos . . .
Price, Product, Promotion.

Every year I'm in this game, I become more of a buyer. Selling is almost pointless, and I already have friends and family to simply give my stuff to.
I still desperately cling to the notion of incorporating trades into my purchases, not because of money, but in an attempt to make things interesting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top