JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of simps (lustful people) out there willing to pay $$$ for adult content of females attractive or not, real or not. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, I define "Simp" as. Well, for one "Joseph Biden". And one definition for simp seems to fit. But whatever. :s0155:

OH WAIT! And you would know this how? :rolleyes:

The only reason I would give a "terd" about the whole state going self serve is the lost jobs. I'm always out of my car when I gas up anyway. It helps speed the operation if there are others waiting, I'm there, at the pump to hand over my card, and in the case of Safeway gas, give a phone number. I check my oil, give a once over of the engine compartment, wash windows. In Oregon those people that sit in their cars and make the attendant take all that extra time to "hand feed" everything to their window are lazy and make it take longer that it should. What the hell are THOSE people going to do? :s0112:
Maybe? Maybe it's because my first real job, the summer I turned 16, was at a gas station? My transport in summer was a Honda 90. I had eight pumps, four self serve and four full serve. I also had two bays with lifts and did most everything a full serve gas station did in the mid '70s.
There is still a plethora of min wage jobs going begging. No one wants them. Now that UPS signed a new contract they are also hiring here, can't find enough people to take the jobs. The list goes on and on. When I was a kid in Seattle the city had guys sweep the streets by hand with push brooms. Remember being outside seeing them going down both sides of the road. The problem right now is not a lack of brainless jobs. Its a lack of people who want to work. Before self serve the gas jockey's were normally kids who did not just pump gas. They were learning on the job how to do work on the car. Several trades that pay quite well are begging for people. Can't find kids who want to learn them any more. :(
I guess we need a good crash to wake people up sadly.

I guess we need a good crash to wake people up sadly.
Seems to me people just lower their expectations of what they need? I mean, if they have what ever little bit they eat, and their cell phone? A roof and a place to charge their phone? Livin' the dream, right?

Gov. Tina Kotek is expected to sign House Bill 2426 into law on Friday, reversing a decades-old ban on self-serve gasolinethat set Oregon apart from nearly every other state in the nation. Self-service will become legal as soon as the bill is signed.

Give it 'til the afternoon. Something in the state should be burning by then.
That joke going around about the "Green Gas" may well become less than a joke within days. That one I can already see lawyers lined up to sue over. Would not be at all surprised if the stations will not have to set the Diesel pumps so they will not turn on until the customer comes inside.

Can we pump our own gas now? Drove buy POS gas station and they didn't have any self serve signs or anything. I've been waiting to fill up until this passes cuz then I don't have to go to WA to fill up.

Can we pump our own gas now? Drove buy POS gas station and they didn't have any self serve signs or anything. I've been waiting to fill up until this passes cuz then I don't have to go to WA to fill up.
News claims its now law there. Should be at least a few stations by now allowing it. If the station has a card reader at the pump I would just pull up and try it. If some employee runs over to yell at you just laugh and drive off I guess.

I thought it became law by default after 30 days if not actually vetoed. 🤔 Above posts indicate she plans to sign it today. I'm with you - been waiting to fill so I can do it myself.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top