JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fence sitters? I don't know what to call them.... I have a few friends that are actually gun owners, that vote for "common sense" gun laws. These are the type that don't think anyone is trying to get their guns and think arming teachers irresponsible and dangerous. They are the type that get their CHL to you know, be a responsible gun owner, but think if you carry a gun every day your an "extreme" gun nut "living in fear"... :confused:o_O

I don't know if I will ever convert someone with that level of thinking.

Believe you me, I am always working on the fence sitters! But that's because I am always encouraging people to become more personally responsible and self-sufficient in society.

Fear is the big driving wedge against the power of an informed electorate. I aim to reduce fear through personal experience with whatever people have an aversion to. People listen because they see I walk my talk.

The last staunch Anti I invited out shooting after having lunch together here in Portland was Penny Okamoto. I believe my old representative in Tucson, AZ and her husband, Mark Kelley, are doing the same to remove wedges in the electorate as responsible owners who regularly shoot guns themselves.

o_O

Yeah, how'd that Okamoto luncheon work out for ya?

As for your former Rep. in AZ "removing wedges"... I just saw a photo of her in the news less than an hour ago, sitting in the Oval Orifice TODAY talking about gun control strategies with the "Poser in Cheif" in response to the latest TERRORIST attack in Cali. o_O

Yeah, "removing wedges" and serving up wedgies. :rolleyes:

The really annoying thing are the pro-gun drop outs that I have prompted back into shooting.

Then educated them on how close we are to losing our rights.

And they still won't even bother to Vote Pro-gun as a priority, or some that won't even Vote at all!:mad:

The really annoying thing are the pro-gun drop outs that I have prompted back into shooting.

Then educated them on how close we are to losing our rights.

And they still won't even bother to Vote Pro-gun as a priority, or some that won't even Vote at all!:mad:
yup, and that's the problem right there. People don't want to take action, be branded a "gun nut" or extremist and many are misinformed about gun control.

My guess is they believe Voting R means Doomed Planet, the return of Racist laws and all the war on Gays and women rhetoric drilled into their heads by the Democratic/Progressive juggernaut.

If I really believed my only choice was gun rights or leaving a Dead Planet behind for my kids??

A fear of weapons is a sign of emotional immaturity and social retardation of adult growth. Being afraid of inanimate objects or the "magical powers" they have (and how they seem to take over grown adults) is a pet peeve of mine.

People who fear being educated aren't people I want to help. People who ask questions are people I take to the range.

If you have someone like this who is sitting on the fence, with questions and the modern media clouding the message; send them my way.

Nothing clears out the misconceptions, myths and plain wrong ideas about guns, their power, and what they do like training.

Getting more of the "I'm not sure" people to become "yes" people means that another messenger is created.

Walking the talk means the courage and willingness to engage the tough challenges -to do what you believe in- WITHOUT assurances that you will win. I'm sure folks recognize that heroism comes from that... the willingness to do what is important KNOWING you may not succeed.

Demonizing people who don't believe the way you do is not being conservative nor courageous. Closing yourself to other opinions and hunkering down leads to a hermit mentality like North Korea. What you fear about the other's opinion matters less than recognizing your own fears, then choosing the couragious and difficult job of engaging the other by recognizing their fears.

"Those unable to learn from history is doomed to repeat it." -G. Santayana

My guess is they believe Voting R means Doomed Planet, the return of Racist laws and all the war on Gays and women rhetoric drilled into their heads by the Democratic/Progressive juggernaut.

there is a lot of evidence that republican politicians believe all the above. There are a lot of conservative republican gun owners that dont want to fall into that camp and are voting democrat for that reason. The gun control debate is a casualty of this matter as more gun owners vote democrat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top