JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question,
I have a few CCI 22LR 36 grain copper plated hollow point. Has anyone tried this?
Thanks. HM
Yup! Works fine in all of mine, but.... you have to bear in mind that there are variations in upper receivers and such... and from my experience... how well your conversion runs is more dependent on what rifle they are in than conversion bolt reliability issues. Basically taking a "universal" bolt, sticking it in "non-universal" uppers and expecting universal performance results isn't a reasonable expectation.

The point being... what runs well in many does not mean it's going to run well in yours.

Not necessarily considering accuracy, but the one type of ammo I find works equally well in all of ours is CCI mini-mag.

Hello to everyone,
I'm just new to the site and trying to get and share some information. Lately I bought a PSA AR15 an thought of adding this kit below. I read a lot of procedures and follow-ups from previous owners some inconsistency is pointing out to a few highlighted features of the round they use. "I don't have the kit yet for its still on the way so I haven't tried it yet."
I also spoke to the CMMG conversion manufacturer and this is what they told me.

"We tend to test fire with *Federal Champion 36gr 22LR copper plated hollow points*, as they're relatively inexpensive but run with high reliability."

CMMG BRAVO .22 LR AR CONVERSION KIT - 22BA651
$169.99
SKU 31880
Model Number 22BA651
Brand CMMG
UPC 815835017150
RE:
For optimal performance, we recommend using a round style hammer to avoid any function issues.
Trust in the reliability of 36 grain plated nose bullets, proven to deliver exceptional functionality. With the added convenience of three 25-round magazines, this conversion kit is your gateway to endless shooting possibilities.

I have a question,
I have a few CCI 22LR 36 grain copper plated hollow point. Has anyone tried this?
Thanks. HM
Short answer: yes, it will probably work fine.

Longer answer: I haven't personally tried that ammo, but all of CCI's 22LR options are pretty popular. Everyone's firearm can be a little bit different though, even when using parts from the same manufacturer, so the only way to be sure is to try it. I generally buy one box each of a few different loads and see which ones my firearm likes best. Just FYI, some semi-auto rimfires only cycle reliably with hotter ammo like CCI mini mags.

Hi,
I also want to get a speed loader for MAGPUL PMAG 30 5.56 and the CMMG 22LR Magazine. I was wondering if you can use the same...
This would be a great addition to the arsenal and definitely a breakthrough. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
I also want to get a speed loader for MAGPUL PMAG 30 5.56 and the CMMG 22LR Magazine. I was wondering if you can use the same...
This would be a great addition to the arsenal and definitely a breakthrough. Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately... none exist that I am aware of. How they feed is too dissimilar. I would imagine there is not a great enough demand for something like that to be developed, and even if their were, I would imagine you would likely end up with a loader that wouldn't be particularly great at it's job for either caliber.

Several years ago I tried the CMMG .22lr inserts and they worked just fine, but I wasn't satisfied with their, "Beer Can accuracy" so I went to their debicated upper. OK, now I almost had the accuracy I wanted, but still, what I realy wanted was a mirror of my .458S. The DPMS Bull Barred Upper finally solved my problem. Same weight, same accessorys and I use shotgun hulls for my 50 yard targets. :) CCI Stinger .22rimfire.jpg CCI Stingers @ 50 yards

As far as 36 grn…. I've ran plenty of CCI stingers. Actually prefer it. Seems better pressure for action and the nickel cases slip nice. The only other nickel case I tried was the Hornady Critical defense… think they are 45 grn.

My initial issues were ejections hitting dust cover and lower part of ejection port on upper. Instead of fine tuning anything or running that dirty little bolt through every oth rifle I had. I actually removed the dust cover and filled down an inch wide, maybe 1/8" deep. On the lower opening of the upper.

Other than that I run it sloppy wet with lube just for quick cleaning after.

I love it and just dedicated a 7.5" PSA complete upper. That's just what that pistol is gonna be. Wish I had the funds and the time to buy more kits when I could.

Unfortunately... none exist that I am aware of. How they feed is too dissimilar. I would imagine there is not a great enough demand for something like that to be developed, and even if their were, I would imagine you would likely end up with a loader that wouldn't be particularly great at it's job for either caliber .
There are so many speed loaders and its kind of confusing.

Seems like this is the right time for me to use the .22 besides its season, this is my first AR and a way to get use to something longer than a hand gun. Even the 5.56 rounds its also a learning curve for me. I picked up 40 rounds 5.56 and 200 of the .22LR which pretty much is the same price in overall total.
Along the way I picked up one of these. Suppose to be a light weight, medium accurate rifle. I couldn't pass it up. Someone that I know has a similar model and he likes it a lot. A great substitute if I fall short on the 5.56.
ROCK ISLAND TM22 22LR 18" 10RD RIFLE, BLACK/BROWN - TM22DB $169.99

1697473493641.png

Last Edited:
I have not tried that specific bullet. However, with CCI mini mags and 36 grain stingers, the gun operated flawlessly.

Last Edited:
There are so many speed loaders and its kind of confusing.
As far as I'm aware... none of the big brand reloader mfg's produce loaders for the cmmg type .22 mags. Mainly just the mfg's that produce the AR magwell compatible magazines. Design-wise they really don't differ much (simple manual compression type) and really only vary in material. IE., full polymer, all metal or polymer with metal round depressors.

For other calibers though you certainly can't go wrong with a lula. Definitely my favorite speed loaders, but they aren't exactly cheap. The thumb operated lever type reloaders are more budget friendly and work well enough.

As far as I'm aware... none of the big brand reloader mfg's produce loaders for the cmmg type .22 mags. Mainly just the mfg's that produce the AR magwell compatible magazines. Design-wise they really don't differ much (simple manual compression type) and really only vary in material. IE., full polymer, all metal or polymer with metal round depressors.

For other calibers though you certainly can't go wrong with a lula. Definitely my favorite speed loaders, but they aren't exactly cheap. The thumb operated lever type reloaders are more budget friendly and work well enough.
I'm gonna start with a simple rigid .22 loader like what you have. I found one on a different store that is available. I also want to get one too for the magpul 5.56 magazine so I can have it shipped at the same time. I wish they have these things locally for its always good to support their business. I bought some supplies at Highline and Bi-Mart.
Condition: New
Code:2CM-1S-CMMG22AFE81
MPN:22AFE81
UPC:815835010687

1697482276404.png

I have several of the CMMG 25 round mags for the conversion kit. Basically, I slip a stiff wire down the back of it and that pushes the follower down enough to make loading bit easier. Just my 2 pennies.

I'm gonna start with a simple rigid .22 loader like what you have. I found one on a different store that is available. I also want to get one too for the magpul 5.56 magazine so I can have it shipped at the same time. I wish they have these things locally for its always good to support their business. I bought some supplies at Highline and Bi-Mart.
Yeah. They are a bit "niche" and LGS's typically don't carry mags or other accessory items for them. I've been using one of those for several years loading multiple 1000's of rounds and work just peachy.

If you want to get fancy.... I really like these too with a sliding follower. In some magwells they are too tight and may need some modification, though. My lazy man approach and much quicker loading.👍

1697487186872.png

What they don't tell you and we learned real quick... the hard way... is hand feeding those mags is a massive PITA. The conversion kits should come with a reloader, IMHO. It's not as if they are very spendy to produce.

I have several of the CMMG 25 round mags for the conversion kit. Basically, I slip a stiff wire down the back of it and that pushes the follower down enough to make loading bit easier. Just my 2 pennies.
Hi,
is there a way you can explain it more or show us a picture so I would know what to do if in case...
Thank you.

Last Edited:
Yeah. They are a bit "niche" and LGS's typically don't carry mags or other accessory items for them. I've been using one of those for several years loading multiple 1000's of rounds and work just peachy.

If you want to get fancy.... I really like these too with a sliding follower. In some magwells they are too tight and may need some modification, though. My lazy man approach and much quicker loading.👍

View attachment 1741974

What they don't tell you and we learned real quick... the hard way... is hand feeding those mags is a massive PITA. The conversion kits should come with a reloader, IMHO. It's not as if they are very spendy to produce.
I agree and this magazine actually looks very nice. The thing about this is the window for the rounds. It can be handy too especialy if you want to load only in a certain number. Honestly I haven't tried loading loading some of my high capacity magazines all the way down. especially the see-through. It makes me nervous to see it might crack and spring out... :s0130:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top