JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On getting the extra magazines, is this is only one (proprietary) magazine that I can use in the conversion kit that is reliable?

CMMG Mk4/AR-15 .22 LR Conversion Magazine 25 Rounds
Model: 22AFC2B
UPC: 810097507647
SKU: 153782

1697520601286.png

On getting the extra magazines, is this is only one (proprietary) magazine that I can use in the conversion kit that is reliable?
Nope. Black Dog (which I prefer) and Kriss (not reliable, in my experience) are a couple that mfg compatible mags. The other option is a magwell adapter and use 10/22 mags with it. The magwell adapter is kinda spendy, but if you already have a pile of 10/22 mags it's a one time expense that allows you to make use of what you already own.

Last Edited:
Yup! Works fine in all of mine, but.... you have to bear in mind that there are variations in upper receivers and such... and from my experience... how well your conversion runs is more dependent on what rifle they are in than conversion bolt reliability issues. Basically taking a "universal" bolt, sticking it in "non-universal" uppers and expecting universal performance results isn't a reasonable expectation.

The point being... what runs well in many does not mean it's going to run well in yours.

Not necessarily considering accuracy, but the one type of ammo I find works equally well in all of ours is CCI mini-mag.
true, Not all uppers perform well. My uppers function well with CMMG 22lr. The problem is usually accuracy. One upper will perform well as far as accuracy with decent groupings. Then swap out the bolt to another upper and accuracy would be piss poor. I would only use CMMG on certain uppers, I ended up getting a dedicated 22lr upper for accuracy.

You mean this Stinger? Both are actually priced the same as 50 vs 100 rounds.
That's what I bought first, then the 36 grain. I would love to try it as soon the rifle gets here.
Yup. 40gr velocitor HP's run pretty good too.

I hope you have better luck than some with that rifle. Not too many months ago there were reports of rifles right out of the box with dead triggers. They had to go back to the factory and where taking a couple months for folks to get them back. Several mentions of wide variations in trigger quality. Some folks saying they got a real crisp... maybe 2lb pull trigger and others complaining about really long take ups... heavy and gritty triggers.

Probably par for the course in that price range, but ya never know! Could run just fine!

Yup. 40gr velocitor HP's run pretty good too.

I hope you have better luck than some with that rifle. Not too many months ago there were reports of rifles right out of the box with dead triggers. They had to go back to the factory and where taking a couple months for folks to get them back. Several mentions of wide variations in trigger quality. Some folks saying they got a real crisp... maybe 2lb pull trigger and others complaining about really long take ups... heavy and gritty triggers.

Probably par for the course in that price range, but ya never know! Could run just fine!
What rifle company?

I would only use CMMG on certain uppers, I ended up getting a dedicated 22lr upper for accuracy.
Same! I only run them in certain upper and lower combination. The mag fit seems to make a big difference in reliable feeding and there is just enough variation between lower mfg's that can mean the difference between "reliable" and "PITA". 🤣

Modding them is an option, but I don't like modding them to basically only work well in that "one" platform... and have enough selection it wasn't difficult to come up with some reliable and fairly accurate shooter combos. With the magwell it seems the snugger the fit the better, from my experience.

It sure didn't take long to feel the need for a dedicated build, myself.;) That one's a beaut! The grandkids sure love that one as well. "Packin" just like the big peoples.... 🤣

Last Edited:
The TM22 you said you bought. I assumed when you said "as soon as the rifle get's here"... that's the one you meant.
Oh cool. Thanks for letting me know and I'll check it out as soon as it gets here. I was able to talk to someone from their Pahrump headquarter. If all doesn't go well with this plinker, I wont just send and wait for a repair, I'll just exchange it with a different model and add the difference. Honestly I didnt really want to spend money on this type of rifle that's why I just bought the one sale for $155.00. This is just to accommodate my PSA AR15 with the CMMG conversion. If I end up liking the .22LR rifle, atleast I have a dedicated beginner rifle.
Initially, the one that really caught my eye was this .22LR rifle in titanium blue, guard all the way to the end, and has the all metal all the way to the stock like in the picture. Besides this is not easy to get in the US and if I was going to spend over $350, I might as well get the real AR15. That's how I landed in the PSA with the conversion kit. But honestly even for a beginner .22LR, She's a looker!

TM2218BLALA__95788.jpg TM2218BLALB__13413.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews