JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Police long ago got rid of their shotguns in patrol vehicles and went to the AR 15 because it was a better tool for them.
fortunately I don't have to deal with aggressive armed felons or even mentally ill homeless in my lifestyle location
all our intruders are 4 legged

but I showed this video to my wife and when she saw the felon aim his gun at the dog, she just shouted "HE MUST DIE"

fortunately I don't have to deal with aggressive armed felons or even mentally ill homeless in my lifestyle location
all our intruders are 4 legged

but I showed this video to my wife and when she saw the felon aim his gun at the dog, she just shouted "HE MUST DIE"
If the cops shot him 5 times with OO buck then there would have been a minimum of 45 holes to answer for. Under today's liberal government it would have been a court trial for the cops.

I love my dog too, he is family.

Or place your shots. T box and pelvic girdle. 5.56 does the job.

also bullet choice
I wouldn't use 62 gn Green Tip in this situation
I have some Winchester PDX that I'm told will work in this situation
Unfortunately with LE a lot of times you're required to carry what the department issues. Whether it's firearms or ammunition. In any case placement is key.

Speaking only for myself....

In my combat experience I have seen men , who have been shot continue to fight , even if their wounds "should have" killed them or at least stopped them.
Other men I have seen , have stopped fighting with what is called as being "lightly wounded" .

Bullets often do weird things when they hit flesh or even fail to perform as advertised

In any event , It pays to never underestimate the will to live in your opponent.
Andy

Patrol carbines have a bayonet lug?

Asking for a friend.
here's the only use of a bayonet I know of

Mossberg 590.JPG making coleslaw 2.JPG

I didn't watch the whole video, but not enough info as to where the rounds impacted, type of rounds used, angles etc.

Other than Hollywood, unless the rounds are head shots...or as I say, in the snot locker, there won't be instant shutdown or death...and yes even with a 12ga.

I'd be interested in knowing what type of 5.56 round it was...because 55 or 62g FMJ isn't creating sufficient wound channels compared to 77 or 90g SMK on tissue.

And no, this doesn't call for a shotgun. Better rounds and better shot placement will suite a greater variety of situations than a shotgun.

I'd be interested in knowing what type of 5.56 round it was...because 55 or 62g FMJ isn't creating sufficient wound channels compared to 77 or 90g SMK on tissue.

And no, this doesn't call for a shotgun. Better rounds and better shot placement will suite a greater variety of situations than a shotgun.
I have a case of 77 gn SMK Mk262 and they feed out of an AR magazine with no problems
back when I shot competition, we had to single load the heavier bullets due to overall length in handloads

I have a case of 77 gn SMK Mk262 and they feed out of an AR magazine with no problems
back when I shot competition, we had to single load the heavier bullets due to overall length in handloads
That's what my mags are loaded with, I've also experimented with 90g loads out of a 11.5 inch as well. 77g Mk262 is a stout load with disproportionate caliber to wound channels, there is no better documented load for 5.56 self defense loads against unarmored flesh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top