JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If brown bears migrate to the north cascades naturally, on their own, then that is all well and good. Don't transplant something. ]
I agree -
Bringing them back is a good first step, but managing them is also important!
I disagree

If an animal has to be 'artificially' brought back and then artificially 'managed' then there is essentially no reason or rational for it to be brought back.

All Animals have had their chance 'environmentally' and if they cannot survive then so be it regardless of the reason - be it human caused or otherwise.

Ever notice how many coyotes we have, or cougars? They do not seem to be suffering the effects of humans, or environmental causes and are doing quite well.

Bringing back an animal and managing its survival is an incredible waste of money and resources and will have NO positive effect - especially if it has to be 'managed'.

Last Edited:
Attacks in parks - especially Yellowstone - are often due to humans wanting to pet a Teddy bear.

You really can't blame the bears for human misbehavior.
I might of misguided you in on the attacks. There's usually no attacks in those parks. The attacks are on hunters.
Sometimes glacier over the years.
Read "Mark of the Grizzly."

I might of misguided you in on the attacks. There's usually no attacks in those parks. The attacks are on hunters.
Sometimes glacier over the years.
Read "Mark of the Grizzly."

Yeah - GNP attacks are usually not tourists - it is not like Yellowstone. Been to both. Went to GNP on a dual sport motorcycle from Seattle along the northern border of WA, then ID then MT. Camped outside going there (Polebridge) and back. This was after brown bears had been seen in Baker/etc. Carried my DW .44 mag just like I did in Alaska.

When I went to Yellowstone I was working in Bozeman. Didn't carry because at that time it was prohibited and it was just a day trip on my day off. No hunters in Yellowstone.

A little more insanity.

Lets see, my thoughts are:

A) I don't need more competition hunting

B) at least its up north and not down here

C) maybe a few maulings will scare some hippy soy latte drinking faux conservationsist tree hugger hippies up in seattle into buying a gun? Or at least elimiate them from the gene pool!

D) I have mixed feelings about the ideas of predators restoring balance. Are people not aoex predators? Lots of people want to hunt. Maybe you met more black powder and archery hunters hunt all year. Different people at different times, to keep the pressure up just like natural predators do, and you wouldn't have 10,000 people all hunting the same weekend. That ain't natural!

It seems some individuals take too literally yet still out of context the phrase "right to bear arms"...

Hopefully nobody has made that joke. I can't say whether bears are a good thing or not. I can see issue with the habitat sustaining the population, as there aren't strong enough salmon runs. Not just the salmon, but the dispersion of flora and fauna these bears would require is essentially decimated. The ecosystem as a whole has changed so dramatically from 150 years ago, it wouldn't be recognizable except for the mountains.
I'd feel better about the idea if I didn't have to send a few letters every month to sustain firearms rights for all honest citizens.

Edit: Another dodge by forestry and environmental agencies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top