JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hogwash.

How very scientific.

You just defeated your own argument. Try that with a grizzly and see how well it works.
I was bow hunting a few years back and found my moose... but a grizzly found it first. I had to scamper up a tree and I was there for hours. I'm in griz territory nearly all the time... maybe I'm just not a big ol' wimp? Or I'm not stupid enough to try and fight back with an apex predator known to back off once a threat is no longer threatening?

Also, hogwash is the ultimate rebuttal to any argument. Especially arguments well backed by hard science/ecological fact. I expected nothing less.

1000000871.png

Last Edited:
I was bow hunting a few years back and found my moose... but a grizzly found it first. I had to scamper up a tree and I was there for hours. I'm in griz territory nearly all the time... maybe I'm just not a big ol' wimp? Or I'm not stupid enough to try and fight back with an apex predator known to back off once a threat is no longer threatening?

Also, hogwash is the ultimate rebuttal to any argument. Especially arguments well backed by hard science/ecological fact. I expected nothing less.

View attachment 1487092
Fist fight, not fisting fight.

You just got lucky that THAT bear doesn't eat junk food or you'd have been biodiverse bear skat.

:D ;)
Hey, I'm a sucker for trail mix and tubs full of dehydrated venison.

I'm sorry you're scared to go in the woods because of that ~1/2,000,000 chance of mauling. Did you also avoid the playground because that big sixth grader happened to be in the vicinity, too? 😉

Man, when did firearm enthusiasts turn into ignorant wimps that are afraid of nature rather than outdoorsmen that want to preserve their wild playgrounds? Perhaps it's the eagle scout in me that also happened to work for FWP.

Last Edited:

I'm sorry you're scared to go in the woods because of that ~1/2,000,000 chance of mauling. Did you also avoid the playground because that big sixth grader happened to be in the vicinity, too? 😉

Man, when did firearm enthusiasts turn into ignorant wimps that are afraid of nature rather than outdoorsmen that want to preserve their wild playgrounds? Perhaps it's the eagle scout in me that also happened to work for FWP.

Now THAT was a leap! I go out solo quite often (usually single-track enduro riding, but I take frequent "sit and reflect breaks) but I consequently don't live in grizz country and besides, I'm WAY more wary of a cougar attack since they tend to ambush from above and from behind.

Now THAT was a leap! I go out solo quite often (usually single-track enduro riding, but I take frequent "sit and reflect breaks) but I consequently don't live in grizz country and besides, I'm WAY more wary of a cougar attack since they tend to ambush from above and from behind.
I've been ambushed by a few cougars in that fashion. Usually named Brandy or Susan.

I work with 4 legged predators every day for the last 20 years....the 2 legged ones worry me more now days. Granted I've had my close calls with both, but I can kill the 4 legged ones without a trial!

None that are as effective at spreading seeds throughout a forest, have you seen grizzly scat? It's pretty impressive.. looks like my freshman dorm after Taco Tuesday only with huckleberries!

In all seriousness, they're important and areas where they were eradicated (ND, for example) suffered and still suffer ill effects. Yes they're scary, and yes some people are killed. I camp, hunt, and hike in grizzly territory almost weekly and am happy to know that they're out there helping the forests we love and want to keep. The day I had to scramble up a tree after finding a grizzly munching on my moose was a bit frightening, but they're just doing their thing.
Way too many deer in my neck of the woods because there are way too few predators. I have had to honk and make a fuss just to get out of my driveway on occasion. There was a deer on the corner of my street (rural) walking in circles acting very weird. A game warden came out and put it down. He said something about a disease that is doing this to deer spreading lately. Likely due to over population and high density making it faster to spread.

I am OK with Grizzley's as long as it isn't a damned Californian Grizzley... those bears always vote for the liberal democrats and would like nothing more than to see all firearms outlawed!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads