JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People (humans) need to stop messing with nature thinking they (we) can make it better. All we seem to do is screw things up. If brown bears migrate to the north cascades naturally, on their own, then that is all well and good. Don't transplant something.

When I harvest trees, I replant them. It might be 60 years before the forest is back (not as good as it was, but better than bare land), and I will be long dead, but the forest will be back and the world will be a better place for it.

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit."

Nelson Henderson

Bears are green...right?

Yep
EE05CAFA-9AED-499D-97BA-9B4403421503.jpeg

Me personally, as a hunter and belief in conservation. The predators are important part in nature's balance.
BUT, Odfw is ran by a bunch of tools and deer, elk management is total f...ing garbage.
Too many predators and too many tags.
I've never seen heppner and fossil look so bad.
Private is fine and dandy, but public lands are suffering.

Last Edited:
Bears are THE Apex predator in the wilds, followed by the Wolves, and then the lessor predators, such as Yoties and Cougars!
W managed to screw it all up long ago when we killed off the Wolves and Bears, and we reap what we sew! Bringing them back is a good first step, but managing them is also important! A full growed Grizz is going to eat a lot, and will need to roam about an 8 square mile area, where as wolves need much more room and a lot more food! ( I am very VERY experienced with APEX predators, I know of what I speak)
Ideally, when we have our top predators around, we have a balance and a healthy ratio of wildlife. Take man out of this equation and things get better! Finding that right ratio is where things get tricky, as man always thinks he knows better, and he finds he is usually wrong!
Man needs to do the right thing here, and then leave them alone to live and be only managing from the edges to prevent major issues!

The deer and elk do ok with wolves and bear in areas where man hasn't finished the job yet.

I disagree. I spent six days hunting hard in NE Oregon this buck season, covering miles and miles of terrain in rain wind and mud, and saw a total of less than 10 does. All that time was spent in areas where from 10 to 25 years before this season, I would always see different resident deer herds and get a buck. Now, no bucks (or very many deer, generally) but plenty of wolves and wolf sign. They kill deer and elk, but are late to the the party after bears and cougars from 1995 onward, couldn't be hunted with dogs, and helped drive game populations down in certain hunting units.

I disagree. I spent six days hunting hard in NE Oregon this buck season, covering miles and miles of terrain in rain wind and mud, and saw a total of less than 10 does. All that time was spent in areas where from 10 to 25 years before this season, I would always see different resident deer herds and get a buck. Now, no bucks (or very many deer, generally) but plenty of wolves and wolf sign. They kill deer and elk, but are late to the the party after bears and cougars from 1995 onward, couldn't be hunted with dogs, and helped drive game populations down in certain hunting units.
this!

Same here as 156256Hunter said.
Last 3 years I really noticed the decline and no buck last 2 years after hitting it hard for 5 days.
3 years back I hunted otc 2nd season elk on NEO and usually I "used" see buck left and right chasing tail. Saw one decent buck in 7 days.
I knew then we are in trouble.
Trail camera pics from one of My fave spots

Last Edited:
Gifford Pinchot National Forest says you gotta pay to go in then, pack out your stool. If the Grizzly Bear Sh17s in the woods, do they gotta pack it out too! Some is difficult to tell from human stool if there's no hair in it.

There are much higher populations of humans in the Cascades than there were back in the "good old days" and therefore a much higher chance of conflicts and dead humans. What exactly is the benefit to bringing grizzly bears to Washington?
The only benefit I see is at least it's in WA and not Oregon. :p I sure hope they don't swim the columbia!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top