JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great story. That guy is lucky to be alive. Love those Glock 20. Looks like he used factory 180gr ammo? I keep hearing stories about how factory 10mm is "loaded to 40 S&W" standards and I don't know what to believe, as I'm not a reloader. Anyway whatever ammo this guy was using, it obviously worked.

I don't hang out in Grizzly country, but seems like I would want to carry a rifle or a 12 ga. w/ slugs. Around here in Oregon I feel fine w/ a .357 revolver.

I'm guessing this guy knew what he was doing if he was in Grizzly country depending on a 10mm for protection. Probably carrying Buffalo Bore or Underwood ammo, running around 700 ft/lb at the muzzle and 1500 FPS velocity.

I keep hearing stories about how factory 10mm is "loaded to 40 S&W" standards
Nah, that's not factory ammo. Those are my 10mm handholds. :D

Article doesn't specify the ammo he used or what his buddy used. If he truly spent the time prepping as he suggests, I doubt he was carrying factory 180 fmj.

Article doesn't specify the ammo he used or what his buddy used. If he truly spent the time prepping as he suggests, I doubt he was carrying factory 180 fmj.
"I bought the only box of ammo they had, 180-grain full metal jackets."

"Toward the end of the summer, I was able to buy one more box of ammo, so I had 100 rounds."

Doesn't say what the 2nd box was, but it doesn't sound like he had a lot of choices.

At least wind won't blow a 180 fmj back in your face lol. Hopefully it comes out what ammo he used . I think he is lucky his buddy double lunged the bear. I think cumulatively the rounds that hit the bear took the wind out of his sails and ultimately out of the fight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top