JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use pirateship to buy your label. It's cheaper, and you never have to have awkward conversations with idiots.

Use pirateship to buy your label. It's cheaper, and you never have to have awkward conversations with idiots.
What is pirate ship. Is it safe? FedEx steals stuff in my experience. Ups will not pay for anything if they break it, even if it is insured. That is both from my experience and the experience of simpson Ltd who sells thousands of guns per year.

Huh. Looks like they are no longer allowing non-FFLs to ship firearms. Page here.
Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

"Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive"

^^This is new. Does anyone know if this is for FedEx Express only or both Express and Ground? Express and Ground are technically different companies. Every time I shipped Express I got pushback from some silly twat who would have a panic attack over "firearms". I finally stopped using Express, but Ground has been okay for long guns. If I have to sign an "agreement" I'm not going to use them again.

Last Edited:
Quick review of United States Post Office allows shipping to manufacturer, licensed dealer, or importer of firearm. Don't see restriction on optics. Emphasis heavily on "concealable". Under Heading Number 432 Mailable. Obviously, declaration to Post Office worker is different than UPS or FedEx. See 432.2 Handguns Item d. If I weren't so old, I'd copy and paste the link. I have mailed rails, trigger guards and triggers and such to individuals without being challenged. Be safe.

Fedex has been going down hill for years doesn't surprise me at all.
Agreed. I ship, literally, nothing with them any more. Some of the vendors I work with in my day job and side hustle do, but I am not interfacing with them voluntarily due to a bunch of issues with their "service". Two that finally did it: the first they lost a revolver I shipped, but it was eventually tracked down, no thanks to them. (Then absconded with by Taurus.). The other was very important papers sent to our primary brokerage that was first destroyed by the USPS then lost, found, not delivered, but returned destroyed by FedEx. Well done to both!

So, yah, I see no reason to bother with their BS any more.

I usually just use whatever app is available. Box it print the labor at home and drop it off. Saves lots of stupidity.

I've always assumed they're crooks, when shipping parts I've been just stating they're "tooling" if asked.

Of course they said they delivered my tesla coil on the 2nd.... my door cam says otherwise. I'm still fighting them over that.

Seal box, print label, apply label, hand off to FedEx driver only or drop directly at hub. Keep your mouth shut. Never take stuff to a FedEx store or Kinkos FedEx ever. Problem solved. :D

Last Edited:
Agreed. I ship, literally, nothing with them any more. Some of the vendors I work with in my day job and side hustle do, but I am not interfacing with them voluntarily due to a bunch of issues with their "service".

My check was lost in the mail to pay a supplier. My account was 2 weeks past due because of USPS my supplier is super cool and kept my orders coming. I next day a check using FedEx and another 2 week to deliver but at least I had a tracking number. This isn't the first time from usps but what do you do with a government ran entity. Fedex no more as I've fought parts delivery too much last year. My buddy used to work for them and they kept finding ways to screw their guys out of their package delivery bonuses. He no longer works for them as they treat their employees like crap.

So what's the future hold for gun owners who get a shipping label to ship a gun back to a mfg. For warranty purposes?
I usually use UPS for ammo and FedEx for shipping guns to FFLs. I'm a non FFL. Knowing that I'm sending the ammo ground I do not apply the hazmat stickers. It's going ground anyways and I don't like putting a neon (steal me) sign on the shipment. Use non descript packaging, double wall preferred or with guns, a cheap Plano style case inside of double wall box if you must. Tape it shut, label it, and hand it off to a driver. If you go directly to the hub, it's none of their business what's inside the box. Make something up ahead of time if you feel the need to answer will arise. I dunno tell them, race car parts, cnc machinery parts, the counter employees mothers battery operated Black & Decker Pecker Wrecker. Again as typed in my previous reply, do not drop off anything firearms (including ammo) related at a UPS store or FedEx Kinko type location.

F' Fedex, I hate those turds. Here I am waiting on my PVS-14 to show up on a Friday afternoon, the gate is open, the front door is open, I'm literally standing outside the door, Fedex pulls up, sits there for a minute and takes off. I'm, like WTF. I go online to to see what tracking has to say..."Delivery Attempted, no access to property." Lying M'er F'er. I call Fedex, WTF guys? They say they will meet their obligation and have my package by the end of the day, again Lying M'er F'er. I get tracking notice my package is at the Fedex building and will be delivered the following Monday or I can come pick it up. Awesome, 5 o'clock parking lot traffic I have to pick my $5000+ optic, when it should have been delivered to me. I let them know exactly how I felt about it and told them straight up their driver is a lying POS and that was the last time I'll use Fedex for anything.

All that said I never ship "gun parts", it is always "machine parts"

I have had all three shipping outfits absolutely DESTROY engine parts, all three giving me crap and refusing to replace or cover the value with out a serious fight!
I had a really rare cylinder head shipped from Florida, it was packaged super secure inside a pretty serious wooden crate, it was absolutely destroyed when it arrived, forcing both the seller and I to sue them, took over a year, and cost them big bucks! That cylinder head was worth more then 5K, and they just don't come up available very often! Had Fed Ex loose shipments, and never find them, and had to sue them to get my money out of them, Had UPS destroy an optic, again, had to sue to get it covered, and even USPS cant handle things with out tossing them as far and as hard as they can! All three are worthless!

On top of that, USPS keeps loosing medications, we get our stuff usually shipped from Cali, ( through our medical plans) and have "Lost" several shipments, including one that put my Father in the E.R. for two days because he ran out of his meds, and the new shipment didn't arrive!
I went round and round with the local Post Master and finally got ahold of a state functionary and he agreed that this was a super duper major issue and forwarded it to our states congress critters, who actually did their jobs for once and launched a serious investigation into the USPS system! We also demanded they ether replace our retard delivery dude of 35 years who just doesn't GAF, they refused until Marion County stepped in and forced the issue, now we got a new retard who doesn't GAF, but at least he can read letters and numbers and can tell the difference b'twixt two similar last names but not spelt the same, kinda like Tomater with out the Tuh! Bunch of Fooks!

The original post said gun parts, I assume the unserialized type that are perfectly legal to ship even USPS? If so, does FedEx now prohibit even these, or was it just an ignorant person at the counter misunderstanding the new rule?

As to shipping guns, I remember an acquaintance who tried to ship a rifle about ten years ago. He said he did it right, by the book, but FedEx just flat out refused. He went down the road to UPS and it was no problem at all.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top