JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Per friends, they've had online Orders cancelled due to the changes in WA State.
  • BenelliParts
  • Freedom Fighter Tactical
  • MidwayUSA
  • Optics Planet

It may not be all items for sale, but be aware the impact of SB 5078 is starting to be felt. If you're in need I suggest you get busy...

As an aside, I've read SB5078 and personally feel it will impact ammunition sales too.
Add Surplus Ammo to that list. If you're in Oregon buy what you might want now, we're likely next.

Screenshot_20230511_193406_Gmail.jpg

There are no specifically prohibited parts. There are only parts which could be used to show constructive possession.

What are you going to do with an A2 flash hider? Install it on the muzzle you had threaded on a 223 bolt gun,? Nope, no problem there. Install it on your AR because you got sick of the side blast from the brake you had on it before. Nope, no problem, it was already an assault weapon. The only obvious scenario which seems troublesome would be if you took a semi-auto centerfire rifle like a Remington 740...
View attachment 1420776

... and threaded the muzzle, or put a vertical fore-grip on it (LOL), or did something else hilariously dumb with it. So if you put a flash hider on a 740, then yer fuxed.

It's gonna take a bit for people to read the bill closely and really understand it. After a while... it will be clear that most parts are no issue.
And what about the parts that someone may have already had before the ban??

They don't seem particularly well-qualified to understand the law, based on their writing style. I am sure they are nice people, who in six months, will be selling a lot more things than they think they can now.
You seem very intent on trying to prove that the bans on items are not as extensive as companies may be lead to believe, but that's really not the point. Companies aren't interested in shelling out massive amounts of money in fines/legal fees for violating a law. The state has essentially unlimited funds to legally pursue them if necessary.

Let's look at the situation at face value. What exactly does it say in the bill, because that (at minimum) would be how the court of law would apply it when prosecuting someone/the entity that violated it.

As it currently stands, it would seem that the leftists meant what they wrote when they wrote that "any parts."

Let's look at the situation at face value. What exactly does it say in the bill, because that (at minimum) would be how the court of law would apply it when prosecuting someone/the entity that violated it.
(2)(a) "Assault weapon" means:

(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

There it is. An assault weapon is a "part" "from which an assault weapon..." blah blah blah. It's not all of three things (conversion kit, part, combination of parts) because of that "or". It's any one of them.

It's not just parts, plural, it's a part. Singular. One.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW21
to read as follows:
(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any assault weapon, except as authorized in this section.

Given that the letter of the law defines an assault weapon as a PART, who is going to risk sending (importing) a part into Washington?

Say someone does, say they just send a muzzle break. And then that muzzle break is put on what is later found to be an illegal (not grandfathered in) assembled assault weapon. Anyone honestly thinks that that company, along with all the others who supplied parts for that weapon, wouldn't be sued/charged by WA state? Foolish IMO. Would be better to just... not export anything to WA.

Optics Planet without authorization cancelled and refunded an order May 2nd that that I had placed on April 24th. I was wondering what was taking so long as everything was in stock. At first, I figured it was because of a price reduction coupled with a coupon code. But when I called to find out, the associate explained to me that it was beacuse of WA HB1240. The kicker? It wasn't parts or even ammo. It was a die set, projectiles and brass. Furthermore, they aren't authorized to tell me what is and isn't allowed to ship. I had my eye on an optic and am now pensive to roll the dice not only to have my $ locked up in a waiting game, but also who knows what purchase data is being collected by whom.

It seems kind of the time to ban together and have folks dig into their spare parts bins to help take care of our brothers and sister in WA purgatory, hu.

Maybe start posting WTB's in the classifieds(?) People might not be thinking of listing spare parts, but more than willing to sell them if someone in WA is getting jammed up.

It never hurts to ask.

(2)(a) "Assault weapon" means:

(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

There it is. An assault weapon is a "part" "from which an assault weapon..." blah blah blah. It's not all of three things (conversion kit, part, combination of parts) because of that "or". It's any one of them.

It's not just parts, plural, it's a part. Singular. One.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW21
to read as follows:
(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any assault weapon, except as authorized in this section.

Given that the letter of the law defines an assault weapon as a PART, who is going to risk sending (importing) a part into Washington?

Say someone does, say they just send a muzzle break. And then that muzzle break is put on what is later found to be an illegal (not grandfathered in) assembled assault weapon. Anyone honestly thinks that that company, along with all the others who supplied parts for that weapon, wouldn't be sued/charged by WA state? Foolish IMO. Would be better to just... not export anything to WA.
"...if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;"

I would think that unless the package a company sent included enough parts to assemble an "assault weapon" then it should be OK. I think this is laziness or ignorance on the part of companies who do blanket bans on shipping products to WA.

WA residents if you still want to spend money on legal firearms with these companies who refuse firearm shipments to WA, have an Oregon FFL handle the transfer.
Oregon FFLs can handle transfers for non-semiauto long guns for WA residents.

As for parts shipments, if you are worried about WA porch pirates and would like to have your parts orders shipped to Oregon, then contact an Oregon FFL who does transfers for WA residents and they may be able to handle that service as well.

I hope people are contacting the groups bringing lawsuits against Washington. It's just a bunch of itching and moaning if you don't do something. One of the reasons that the Oregon TRO was placed against Measure 114 was because there was testimony about out of state vendors not willing to sell to Oregon residences, because the laws were too convoluted to understand. They weren't willing to lose their businesses to some jacked up out of state AG.

F'ing DO SOMETHING besides being a keyboard commando!

I hope people are contacting the groups bringing lawsuits against Washington. It's just a bunch of itching and moaning if you don't do something. One of the reasons that the Oregon TRO was placed against Measure 114 was because there was testimony about out of state vendors not willing to sell to Oregon residences, because the laws were too convoluted to understand. They weren't willing to lose their businesses to some jacked up out of state AG.

F'ing DO SOMETHING besides being a keyboard commando!
There is plenty being done.
As to parts the way it is written its only if you have all the parts needed to make a so called assault weapon. Spare parts and repairs were exempted but there are a lot of people int he firearms industry that say they are behind the 2nd but are really kind of wishy washy. The main reason is as usual the Wa legislature has put together a load of crap that is so vague no one is really sure what or what isn't allowed. Same thing when they wrote 594. It's written by a bunch of uneducated lawyers who know absolutely nothing about the subject they are writing about. While trying to make it impossible to be a legal owner they end up causing all kinds of issues with legitimate parts and items.

There laws are very much like what the British did to certain conolnists in 1760's and 70's. There is a clear reason why our founders, who the clueless clowns called most int he government of OR and WA, have no knowledge of. If they did they would be a lot more worried than they seem.

For any of you who have not read the declaration of independence lately might be a good time to be reminded what our founders considered good governance and how to deal with it when it became oppressive. There is a reckoning coming and I fear it will not be nice and clean. There is a reason many have just given up on WA and OR and headed for better climates.

Optics Planet without authorization cancelled and refunded an order May 2nd that that I had placed on April 24th. I was wondering what was taking so long as everything was in stock. At first, I figured it was because of a price reduction coupled with a coupon code. But when I called to find out, the associate explained to me that it was beacuse of WA HB1240. The kicker? It wasn't parts or even ammo. It was a die set, projectiles and brass. Furthermore, they aren't authorized to tell me what is and isn't allowed to ship. I had my eye on an optic and am now pensive to roll the dice not only to have my $ locked up in a waiting game, but also who knows what purchase data is being collected by whom.
Optics planet is the worst for this crap. They wouldn't ship and still don't to my knowledge binary triggers to Oregon despite them being totally legal here. Optics planet are bastards. Plus a good portion of what they say is in stock is not in stock. If you order it, it may come three to 18 months later (that's the longest I've seen) or they just cancel it altogether. Total BS place.

Last Edited:
Some may be thinking of HB 1240 in their comments. My original post is regarding SB 5078. If you haven't read it, a link to the PDF of the finalized language is below.

I'll paste in a few snippets here (apologies for odd formatting). The bold emphasis is mine.

e) "Product" means:24 (i) A firearm;25 (ii) Ammunition;26 27 (iii) A component part of a firearm or ammunition, including a 28 completed frame or receiver or unfinished frame or receiver, as defined in RCW 9.41.010;29 30 (iv) An accessory or device that is designed or adapted to be 31 inserted into, affixed onto, or used in conjunction with a firearm, 32 if the device is marketed or sold to the public and that is designed, 33 intended, or able to be used to increase a firearm's rate of fire, 34 concealability, magazine capacity, or destructive capacity, or to 35 increase the firearm's stability and handling when the firearm is repeatedly fired;36 37 (v) A machine or device that is marketed or sold to the public 38 that is designed, intended, or able to be used to manufacture or 39 produce a firearm or any other product listed in this subsection (1)(e).

1 (f) "Reasonable controls" means reasonable procedures, 2 safeguards, and business practices, including but not limited to 3 screening, security, and inventory practices, that are designed and implemented to do all of the following:4 5 (i) Prevent the sale or distribution of a firearm industry 6 product to a straw purchaser, a firearm trafficker, a person 7 prohibited from possessing a firearm under state or federal law, or a 8 person who the firearm industry member has reasonable cause to 9 believe is at substantial risk of using a firearm industry product to 10 harm themselves or unlawfully harm another, or of unlawfully possessing or using a firearm industry product;11 12 (ii) Prevent the loss of a firearm industry product or theft of a 13 firearm industry product from a firearm industry member; and 14 (iii) Ensure that the firearm industry member complies with all 15 provisions of state and federal law and does not otherwise promote 16 the unlawful sale, manufacture, distribution, importing, possession, marketing, or use of a firearm industry product.

I'm not a lawyer and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night... My interpretation is WA State is bringing the seller into litigation risk. If I am correct then many sellers are simply going to avoid WA State.

Buy what you need. Now.

If ATF can call an auto sear, lightning link or piece of metal with a picture etched on it a machine gun, WA can call a flash-hider an "assault weapon."

SB5078 very specifically says "...component part of a firearm or ammunition..." so not only gun parts but brass, powder, primers and bullets are included.

As much as I hate to see it, I can't fault a business for staying out of that liability quagmire. Washington has less than 2% of this country's population. Can you expect a business to step up and be the test case for less than 2% of their business?? Not really. To think that ol' Turdy Fergy won't vehemently pursue prosecutions is truly naive.

I would think that unless the package a company sent included enough parts to assemble an "assault weapon" then it should be OK. I think this is laziness or ignorance on the part of companies who do blanket bans on shipping products to WA.
Say again. An illegal assault weapon is seized, someone is charged. In the investigation the owner says things, including how he did mods to the gun. In fact, he claims YOU brought him the flash hider that is on the illegal gun. "Those parts" were in fact "in the possession or under the control of the same person;" that the gun exists is the proof! And If he's believed, you imported it.

Likely? Nah, not an individual. (Tho I wouldn't bet my savings on it.) But a company? With "deep pockets?" With a paper trail, lol, now an electron trail that's easy to access? I think that is likely. It's a stated goal of the folks who put forward this law - shut down the sources of weapons. One way is to bankrupt the producers, distributors, et al, anybody in the chain.

The law has been enacted, businesses are acquiescing. Until the law is overturned or businesses start shipping again, those wanting parts are going to have to make an extra effort to acquire them. I am interested in finding solutions that will help WA residents get the parts they need?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews