JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stopped into a FedEx Express (in Happy Valley, OR) to ship a rail extension (~3" in a small box) back to the manufacturer (Arms Republic). The cashier asked what was in the box, to which I replied "a metal rail." With obvious concern in his voice, he asked "Is it gun related?" Replying yes, I opened the box, and showed the extruded piece of metal, to which he stated:

FedEx's new policy no longer allows for gun parts to be shipped, and to have a nice day.

Hopefully this saves a few of you time and effort in getting things where they need to go.

You could have just said "no". Lying to a FedEx employee isn't illegal and they wouldn't be shipping anything illegal, either.

Stopped into a FedEx Express (in Happy Valley, OR) to ship a rail extension (~3" in a small box) back to the manufacturer (Arms Republic). The cashier asked what was in the box, to which I replied "a metal rail." With obvious concern in his voice, he asked "Is it gun related?" Replying yes, I opened the box, and showed the extruded piece of metal, to which he stated:

FedEx's new policy no longer allows for gun parts to be shipped, and to have a nice day.

Hopefully this saves a few of you time and effort in getting things where they need to go.
FedEx sucks anyway, lazy and never gets packages delivered on time.... as far as I am concerned let the entire company go under...

Last Edited:
I ran into this with a UPS store a couple years ago when trying to return a part. Turns out the owner of that store was anti-gun so it was just his personal policy in effect.

Referring to the link CountryGent provided, the problem with the policy is what defines a firearm. We all know neither a barrel, nor trigger, nor stock, nor even a complete AR-15 upper is a firearm. But rather than understanding what constitutes a firearm in the eyes of the law their employees will take the safe corporate bureaucracy route and refuse anything firearm related.

I mistakenly explained to the knucklehead females at the UPS store that it was a Trijicon MRO going back for warranty…then had to mansplain what those big words were and they got all nervous saying they can't ship 'gun parts'….I tried to mansplain again it was just a red dot sight, but that little MS hourglass started spinning and they locked up. So I went elsewhere and was less honest about the contents.

I ran into this with a UPS store a couple years ago when trying to return a part. Turns out the owner of that store was anti-gun so it was just his personal policy in effect.
We've had the same issue with the local UPS; head boss lady at that hub is obviously very anti-gun and would bend or break their own company rules to stop firearms shipments. It has occurred before and after I had an 01 FFL Dealer license—same nonsense. I've always kept it business-like, even in the face of utter bulldink, but my better half got into words with the nozzle on one occasion. I worked around it both by calling UPS headquarters in one case and shipping most stuff USPS these days. The latter is closer, less expensive, and though it took educating the local office on their own damn regulations (including printouts of said), it is an easy solution now. YMMV.

Rhetorical question: How many UPS/FedEx store owners who refuse to ship parts were also on the side of "bake-the-cake". The Left's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Personally, if it isn't biological or hazardous materials, what is in the box is none of their business.

Everything shipped via FedEx from now just call it airsoft I guess. Those pricks would never know the difference.

Once had $1200 worth of camera equipment "lost" by FedEx. After about 2 weeks of fighting them suddenly they "found" it. Don't know at which employees house it was at though. We also had over $3000 of computer gear disappear using FedEx. They claimed they delivered it but we have a front door camera and it never came. We ran down the actual person and he said he had no memory of delivering it. Their warehouse people or whoever are thieves (like most places probably) but they lack the internal controls to catch them. FedEx is my least favorite carrier.

Last Edited:
This :s0113:.

Sucks when something gets shipped "Signature Required" and you have to wait around another day or two. 🤬
UPS delivered my NV and I asked the kid if I needed to sign the signature REQUIRED part and he said, nah, you don't really need to do that. So I gave him his daily MtDew and we wen't our separate ways. We're kinda rural so I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah had the same problem, shipping a vortex rifle scope back to be replaced, the old Asian dude took great pride in saying we dont ship gun parts, i told him he was to stupid to have this job and left, never ever will I do any kind of biz with fedex ,,,ever.

Last Edited:
Yeah had the same problem, shipping a vortex rifle scope back to be replaced, the old Asian dude took great pride in saying we dont ship gun parts, i told him he wa to stupid to have this job and left, never ever will I do any kind of biz with fedex ,,,ever.
I would love just for once one of these shippers to have a massive lawsuit loss due to allowing their employees to decide whether to ship something based off of not "company policy" but "their own" personal anti-gun beliefs...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top