JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not ammo, but I get packages left on my porch that are not for my address. Most are for someone on my street so I take it to them. But occasionally the address is not even close.

The only problems I've had with ammo shipments were from MidwayUSA.

If you have ever seen the inside of a UPS or Fedex facility you'd understand.
Sadly, it comes down to the shipper. If they do not package it well enough, it's guaranteed to get destroyed in their systems.

These two ideas go hand in hand. Midway in my experience is notorious for bad packing. No common sense used. Stuff put loose in a box, no packing material, one course of packing tape over top and bottom flaps. I don't know how the packers decide to use a box or a plastic bag for shipping. The plastic bag method is worse, gun stuff and ammo can get really scrambled inside the bag, beat up, etc. Most delivery systems use conveyor belts somewhere in the process. Those white plastic bags can get a corner caught in a crack and get torn up. Or get stuck and get belt burns that open them up.

Amazon is another firm that sends boxes underfilled with merchandise that isn't protected from internal shifting by packing material.

Handlers in the delivery business, they just want to get a package moving and get to the next one. Whatever it takes. What's in the box isn't of any concern. "Handle with Care" notations on packages, there's no time for humans to read them and machines can't. Even if a handler walked a package around to it's next stop, there would be hundreds of packages coming along behind it "without eyes."

In the USPS, sorting packages on a workroom floor is called, "throwing parcels." That's the term. "So-and-so needs help throwing parcels." The worker stands in the middle of a distribution area, can't possibly reach each cart to deposit each one in. Hence they are tossed or thrown. They'd never get done timely if they walked each one to every appropriate cart. Burning question in parcel sorting, "Why would anyone mail somebody a box full of busted glass?"

Good, thoughtful packing and sealing are the keys to successful shipping. And for the same reasons that delivery firms take as little time as possible to sort things, companies originating the packages don't want to spend any more time or money then they have to on packing.

Oh, and don't forget insurance on anything worth over, say, $15 or $20.

Probably just poor packaging by ammoshoponline.
It does happen.

I recently had a mag spring literally sticking out of a USPS box shipped from ZastavaUSA.
It was a pure miracle that all the mag parts were still in the box.
3 or 4 of the mags had come apart inside the box.

Come to think of it, it was like a perfect storm.
Poor packaging
Rough handle
Mag baseplates not locked in

Last Edited:
Probably just poor packaging by ammoshoponline.
It does happen.

I recently had a mag spring literally sticking out of a USPS box shipped from ZastavaUSA.
It was a pure miracle that all the parts were still in the box.
Very true that bad packaging does happen. For what it's worth, Midway, SGAmmo, and Brownell's have always had rock solid packaging for me over the years :)

The-Watch-2012-film-images-fd01e554-152e-4d98-a874-72fa7a97a97.jpg

I want this guy signing for all deliveries.

It is getting to the point where employees of common carries and USPS employees need to have back ground checks! Maybe better security cameras through out the whole process. Pitiful.
You realize that all delivery companies have background checks? Also USPS uses commercial airlines for majority of packages. UPS and FEDEX can use them, DHL, ONTRAC and their own planes. To blame an entity for everything is not accurate. All of the shippers have extra precautions. Not too mention that it is also possible that the shipper never packed up everything. Then there's also the fact that usually most people don't pay the proper amount for shipping either. But who knows?!

Shipping has ALWAYS been an iffy proposition! Saw packages destroyed by USPS back in the seventies (employee bragged about using 'fragile' labeled packages for 'football' practice. Had more than one package damage and repacked by the 'carriers'. Sometimes with 'bonus' items were added by the carrier or the shipper. And even trucking delivery services managed to 'damage' packages and other items (furniture etc.) So, gamble if you wish or just buy local if you can and avoid the shippers and delivery systems.

Tried to warranty a knife that broke. Company was great after I told them I received a opened plastic envelope with nothing in it. Mail box is a locked one. I'm thinking mailman stole it, had company name on envelope. Knife company sent me another new one and post office didn't do shiete.

" YEEAAH, I JUST GOT 3 FREE BOXES OF AMMO DELIVERED".....
On a serious note, I ALWAYS have a problem with anything delivered by fedex. I don't know what their major malfunction is but my heart sinks when I get the notification that my gear will be delivered by them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top