JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
- Any Western with John Wayne in it,
from The Great K&A Train Robbery (1926) to The Shootist (1976).
- Most westerns with Robert Duval, from True Grit to Broken Trail.
- Don't know if this qualifies but, No country for Old Men.

And, under the category of "who'da thunkit"...Cowboys vs. Aliens.

Yep John Wayne and Robert Duval are both great actors.
John Wayne bought a friend and My Lunch one day while I was on liberty from Camp Pendleton In LA one weekend. He is as just as he is in his movies in real life. Just saw us in Uniform and came over and introduced himself as if he thought he needed to LOL.
and sat down and talked a bit and then bought us lunch and thanked us for our service to the country.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

"A Missouri River Boat Ride"

2015-07-30-00-14-58-481619154.jpeg

Full of hot women too

images.jpg

When this thread drifts into which gun was the best one used in the wild west, it should be interesting to see how the Glock fan boys manage to jump onto the chuck wagon and enlighten us.

Yep John Wayne and Robert Duval are both great actors.
John Wayne bought a friend and My Lunch one day while I was on liberty from Camp Pendleton In LA one weekend. He is as just as he is in his movies in real life. Just saw us in Uniform and came over and introduced himself as if he thought he needed to LOL.
and sat down and talked a bit and then bought us lunch and thanked us for our service to the country.
Dang that's a great story. He was a heck of a guy! Not many like him in Hollyweird these days! Gary

In no particular order--Modern
Unforgiven
Silverado
Open Range (for the truth and values it put out there)
Appaloosa
Quigley Down Under
Tombstone
Pale Rider

Old Skool-- Classic
The Shootist
McLintock!
Rio Bravo
El Dorado
Hondo
Big Jake
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
High Plains Drifter
The Magnificent Seven
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
2 Mules For Sister Sara
3:10 to Yuma ( the older one and the remake)

And just because it was stupid:
A million ways to die in the west :rolleyes:

I don't remember, did anyone mention "Blazing Saddles"? LOL. JK, I think.

I feel I should get the movie on disc just so I can watch in all it's un-butchered glory once a year or so, before they outlaw the original.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

"A Missouri River Boat Ride"

View attachment 250021

Full of hot women too

View attachment 250022
Women especially! "Missouri Boat ride line in the top ten Western dialogue all time. The rifle he uses is actually an 1862 Winchester .44 lever action, "Yellow Boy", mocked up to look like the 1860 Henry rifle. Henry's were too expensive ($25-45) for southern soldiers to afford. BTW, Josey's pistols are Italian .44's.

Women especially! "Missouri Boat ride line in the top ten Western dialogue all time. The rifle he uses is actually an 1862 Winchester .44 lever action, "Yellow Boy", mocked up to look like the 1860 Henry rifle. Henry's were too expensive ($25-45) for southern soldiers to afford. BTW, Josey's pistols are Italian .44's.
Correction: the rifle i cited was from GB&U. "Boat ride" rifle was a Sharp's Buffalo gun with side mount scope. Calibers varied, .45-70!

ls
Correction: the rifle i cited was from GB&U. "Boat ride" rifle was a Sharp's Buffalo gun with side mount scope. Calibers varied, .45-70!
last one, I promise...the Gatling Gun used in Josey Wales was a Colt 1872 version of the 1865 original. Calibers were also .45-70. That gun recently sold for $30Gs.

In no particular order...

Modern
Open Range
True Grit (Jeff Bridges)
Unforgiven
3:10 to Yuma
Silverado
Blazing Saddles :D

Old Skool
True Grit (John Wayne)
A Fistful of Dollars
Good, Bad, Ugly