JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
- Any Western with John Wayne in it,
from The Great K&A Train Robbery (1926) to The Shootist (1976).
- Most westerns with Robert Duval, from True Grit to Broken Trail.
- Don't know if this qualifies but, No country for Old Men.

And, under the category of "who'da thunkit"...Cowboys vs. Aliens.

A recently released movie called "Blackthorn" with Sam Sheppard portraying Butch Cassidy as an old man in Bolivia.
Just watched this on Netflix the other night and really enjoyed it.

Last Edited:
55992413-a8bc-3b2c-bffb-bcffad6e7888.jpg

040d3510-84b6-3d8d-afcd-9d2dd6c8d3fe.jpg

4d7e9b53-b03b-32f4-9e7d-4324abe5ddfb.jpg

7cb71eb7-9e74-3f05-9fac-18816f5d6a7a.jpg

I liked The Dark Valley. German language film with subtitles but quite a good drama. If you watch closely you will catch one firearm out of place (for the average person it fits right in, but a gun owner, it stands out as something that would not be in Germany at that time). But the rest of the film makes up for the lapse in the prop room

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2650978/

The_Dark_Valley_poster.jpg

"The Guns Of Fort Petticoat!" 1957 (color), starred Audie Murphy, one of my top personal Heros! Great flick, constant action and suspense! Humorous and gritty at the same time!

In order of how many times I have watched them:

For a Few Lira More,
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,
True Grit (remake),
The Magnificent Seven,

And finally...but only because it is so dang hard to find...WESTWORLD.

Keith

I liked The Dark Valley. German language film with subtitles but quite a good drama. If you watch closely you will catch one firearm out of place (for the average person it fits right in, but a gun owner, it stands out as something that would not be in Germany at that time). But the rest of the film makes up for the lapse in the prop room

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2650978/

View attachment 249801

Just watched it. Are you saying the Winchester was out of place, as the main character was from America.

On second thought, I remember one of the sons had a double barrel shotgun and he pulled out some plastic looking spent shells.

Last Edited:
Anything by Kurosawa. It's surprising how many of his movies are a direct/purposeful parallel to true western Westerns.. Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.. yada. love it
Star Wars is a classic Western

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top