JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
blob.jpg

I did not care for that movie myself! One of Kurts worst IMHO.
I realize that Tombstone is a movie and not a documentary.
However...for me it is too far from historic fact to be truly enjoyable.

I would have preferred it have been done with names and places that were similar to real people , events and the like....
But not the actual names and such...it gives a false impression of what actually happened...
Which in turn....makes a false history of real events , people and places...since most folks don't care to look up the actual event , places , people , etc...
Kinda like my extreme dislike of The Revenant.

All that said....
Tombstone is entertaining...and for most folks that is enough.
Andy

I like the movie. The directing and editing was excellent I thought. Many scenes had a gazillion different camera angles like the ok corral scene. Every twitch of the face is it's own step towards the fight the viewer knows they r gonna have.

I'm not a fan of the casting personally. I thought the recently passed curly bell actor was excellent as was the Ike Clanton actor. Johnnie ringo was pretty good too I thought. That one young mcclaurey guy didn't fit the movie at all for me. Seemed out of place for the time, speech, etc. he was the one that drew first at the ok corral. Also the 90210 actor (the younger dude who wore city clothes) didn't fit the movie at all imo.

The good guys though I was always like "I'm watching Kurt Russell play Wyatt Earp", "I'm watching the guy from true lies movie play Morgan", etc. Val Kilmer though became doc holiday and was excellent imo. The music was great too and the sound effects of the gunshots. All just imo I haven't seen it for a long while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top