JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suppose you don't believe in santa either..?
Man card revoked.
Sentenced to 100 years in California.
Aw shucks, duke was a feminist, and a pitiful actor. Won his academy award because of longevity. He'd never make it past a first movie nowadays. The year he won the AA Midnight Cowboy was up also, either Dustin Hoffman or John Voight kicked his azz acting. Decent USC football player though.

It would be hard to name them all, but ....

• Tombstone (1993) [My all time favorite western.]
  • The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) [A close second.]
  • The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
  • Shane (1953)
  • Pale Rider (1985)
  • The Magnificent Seven (1960)
  • Blazing Saddles (1974) [teehee]
  • A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
  • High Noon (1952)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
  • The Shootist (1976)
  • Hang'em High (1968)
  • Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
  • Hondo (1953)
  • ... and a bunch more I am probably forgetting. ;)

John Wayne fan here. There are those that elite about him not being a award winning actor. John Wayne was a personality. He was what many wanted to be in real life. So he actually was different yes. But to be honest I don't care about awards. I don't care for most award winning actors. Like Tom and cruise and Kevin costner. So if awards is your thing, there's always "the color purple".

Sam Sheppard in the movie Blackthorn, it's on NetFlix.
Butch Cassidy attempts to come back to America after successfully hiding out in Bolivia for over 40 years.

220px-Blackthorn_%28film%29.jpg

Unforgiven, and McLintock. Angel & the Bad Man. The original True Grit. Paint Your Wagon, definitely! I liked Dakota, another classic John Wayne.

Nobody mentioned Hombre yet? Are you guys kidding?

Hollywood remade some Kurosawa movies as westerns, but all of them were completely inferior to the originals: The Seven Samurai, Sanjuro, Yohimbo.

I watched Four Faces West (1948) a few days ago and it is now probably my favorite western.
The cinematography is outstanding and I've never seen a more capable rider than the main character. Dang!
Riding horses like a frickin machine!
There's ammo reloading, curing diphtheria, girl, it has it all!
The topper is when finding himself horseless in the middle of nowhere he breaks a steer, saddles it up and rides it to civilization. Woot!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top